Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Steam & Excursion > BR&W North Pole Express w/video

Date: 12/13/17 18:52
BR&W North Pole Express w/video
Author: OCtrainguy

With a fresh coat of snow on the ground from the day before, I headed out to photo the Black River & Western's "North Pole Express" on Sunday, December 10th. The sold-out trips were powered by their steam engine, 2-8-0 #60, except the first trip of the day from Flemington to Ringoes, which was diesel powered. As the train returned to Flemington, the excitement level for those waiting for the train increased. My kids always enjoyed riding the BR&W Santa trains. The big kid in me still gets excited! Here are some photos from the day.

1. The steam engine on the runaround after arriving in Flemington
2. The first steam powered train leaving Flemington
3. Approaching the Copper Hill golf course

A few more to follow..

Date: 12/13/17 19:00
Re: BR&W North Pole Express w/video

Continuing the photos..

4. Arriving in Ringoes, aka the North Pole for these trips
5. The second steam-powered train leaving Flemington a bit south from the station area as the clouds moved in
6. Passing Everitt Farm where the pumpkin trains go

As Murphy's Law would deem fit, the sun returned to the skies after the second train arrived in Ringoes. Still had an enjoyable day and I was glad to get some photos with snow on the ground. Three videos to follow..

Date: 12/13/17 19:13

Here are some videos from Sunday with the Black River & Western.

7. The first steam-powered train leaving the Flemington station. The "bell" on the crossing is relatively new. The crossbucks with flashers were triggered when the train was still stopped at the station and even as the train approached, many vehicles didn't stop.
8. The second steam-powered train leaving Flemington, south of the station. The train was moving slowly and with no grade crossing until behind the car dealers, it was nice and quiet rolling by.
9. The final stop for me was Toad Road, just north of Ringoes.

Always enjoy my trips to the BR&W. Looking forward to their efforts to return to Lambertville. Hope you enjoy the photos and videos!

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 12/13/17 19:26
Author: refarkas

Great job. My favorite is photo number four.
Bob

Date: 12/14/17 04:34
Author: Pattenburg

OC - nice job on all of these videos!

Date: 12/14/17 04:52
Author: Pattenburg

Photo # 4 is an interesting composition.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds