Home Open Account Help 248 users online

Steam & Excursion > Merry Christmas! The NYC in 1928 and 1929

Date: 12/25/17 12:47
Merry Christmas! The NYC in 1928 and 1929
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Also posted n the Western Board, but it really should be here, too, because it is all steam, as well as other things. Here is what I posted on the western Board just now:

Merry Christmas to everyone here, and good wishes for safe and enjoyable travels to everyone in this holiday season and in the coming year.

The following is my Christmas present to all of you. It is not about Christmas, although there is snow in some of the scenes. It is old news sound film clips from 1928 and 1929 of the New York Central, filmed n New York state and in Manhattan (!!), and was a very pleasant surprise to me when I saw it as one of the suggestions on That Other Site after I had watched another and very different thing. This wonderful discovery is a bit long, and is well worth your time, and is a rare and very enjoyable look at railroading 90 years ago in New York state.

Here is the first part of the description:

"More early sound film from the Fox Movietone News archives in the University of South Carolina's Moving Image Resource Collection. It shows New York Central trains in the Hudson River valley in 1928 and 1929."

This is too good not to share with everyone. Enjoy!

Please Search for "The New York Central in 1928-1929".

And highball the green board for a wonderful 2018! Wishing all of you safe and happy railfanning in the New Year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/17 15:48 by Margaret_SP_fan.

Date: 12/26/17 13:48
Re: Merry Christmas! The NYC in 1928 and 1929
Author: jcaestecker

Thank you! Enjoyed it very much.

-John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0487 seconds