Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Steam & Excursion > Pray For Snow

Date: 02/11/18 07:01
Pray For Snow
Author: Auburn_Ed

Next week I head out to Ely for the Nevada Northern Winter Photoshoot. Watching today on the Nevada Northern East Ely webcam, there is little snow. While fine weather is attractive, most heading out there are praying for heavy snow. Help us out and join in the snow chants.

Ed

Date: 02/11/18 12:17
Re: Pray For Snow
Author: refarkas

This is both a railfan photo and a piece of fine art!
Bob

Date: 02/11/18 16:18
Author: RailRat

How much snow do you need?, I'll ask the weather gods upstairs to throw some up that way!

There's supposed to be a cut-off Low System, that is forecast to just hang off the coast of So Cal for a few days this coming week, might even see a little rain down here finally.

And yes, that is a great picture!
Got to go to Ely every month, back in the 1990's for Orkin.
Lot of nice folks there, even got a walk through one time of the engine house.
That was about the time a cut of cars from the mines went rolling down the tracks and crashed into NN train or engine.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 02/11/18 21:57
Author: hawkinsun

Nice photo. It could pass for early 1900 if it wasn't in color. Would it be difficult to photo shop out the guard rail, and the vapor trail ? I'm not pickin, I'm just wondering.

We're supposed to get 4-6 inches in northern Idaho, tomorrow. I don't want it, you can have it.

Craig Hanson
Vay, Idaho

Date: 02/12/18 15:41
Author: ns1000

NIICE..!!

Date: 02/12/18 19:36
Author: GRNDMND

I think you're just gonna get some cold Ed. Doesn't look promising for much moisture in any of the forecasts, unfortunately.

KC - NN Winter-shoot cl;ass of 2016

Date: 02/14/18 16:43
Author: Auburn_Ed

Well, this is my 8th Winter Photoshoot in Ely, so matter the weather, I'll be happy. Its just that snow would be better. Snow, or not, a weekend on the NN is my yearly prize from my bucket list.
Ed

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0356 seconds