Home Open Account Help 351 users online

Steam & Excursion > D&S job fair

Date: 04/12/18 17:50
D&S job fair
Author: CPRR

https://m.durangotrain.com/employment

Job fair coming up. Also looking for a diesel mechanic.

Just passing it on. If I lived near, the bartender or engine watchman would be fun

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/12/18 20:08
Re: D&S job fair
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Housing costs are horrific out there.

Date: 04/13/18 07:12
Author: Frisco1522

That's something I always wondered about. You work in a town like Durango or Vail at an average job. Where do you live?

Date: 04/13/18 07:17
Author: HotWater

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's something I always wondered about. You
> work in a town like Durango or Vail at an average
> job. Where do you live?

Exactly. Back in 1998 when I retired, my wife and I seriously looked into moving to Durango, and me going to work for the D&S. Even back then, housing prices were astounding, and the cost of everything else was pretty high also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/18 09:06 by HotWater.

Date: 04/13/18 09:29
Author: usmc1401

Who is Cummings Diesel.

Date: 04/13/18 09:42
Author: HotWater

usmc1401 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is Cummings Diesel.

Apparently the person at the D&S who wrote up those job requirements, is not be aware of the famous Cummins Engine Co.. Then again, it could be just another typical "spell check" error, since typing "Cummins", eventually gets corrected to "Cummings".

Date: 04/14/18 09:14
Author: Frisco1522

I was pestering Amos Cordova(sp?) back in 92 when I was between jobs and sent a resume. Kinda glad it didn't work, I couldn't afford to live there.
I asked a gal in a Subway shop in Vail how the hell do they live there. Said she lived about 30 miles away. Doesn't seem right for some reason.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0503 seconds