Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Steam & Excursion > New tracks in Ridgway?

Date: 04/17/18 07:52
New tracks in Ridgway?
Author: rwmorrisiii

Hey Gang,

So I have exhausted the search features on here about this topic but I can't seem to find anything so it's time for a question. My wife and I were just on an amazing road-trip from Colorado back home to CA and noticed what looked like a large loop of new track being installed in the town of Ridgway. We pulled off the road and stopped at the little rail museum but they were closed for the season. Does anyone know of the going's on in this area? What a beautiful place! I've always dreamed about visiting the old haunts of the Colorado narrow gauge but I'm just amazed it took 42 years to get there. I can't wait to get back and explore much more of these areas in the near future.

Thanks,

RM

Date: 04/17/18 08:54
Re: New tracks in Ridgway?
Author: callum_out

Try signing on to the Narrow Gauge Discussion Forum (www.ngdiscussion.net) and you'll find an active discussion on
the new 1/2 mile loop as well as the move of the museum to larger grounds.

Out

Date: 04/17/18 12:42
Author: original

How does one join the Narrow gauge discussion group ? - I went to the website and there is no way to sign up !

Date: 04/17/18 13:06
Author: callum_out

Good question, above the banner there's a "log in" and next to it a "create a new profile",
fill that out and send it and that should do the trick.

Out

Date: 04/17/18 14:22
Author: jfrank39

I have been banned for life from this group, as if I could care. But I can still read the posts.

Date: 04/20/18 17:12
Author: blindhog

I understand that the Ridgeway Railroad Museum is quite active and expanding, looking for volunteers and working to complete their loop so they can operate their equipment. A friend active in the museum group sent me the attached recent photos: some of the construction activity earlier this month and an overview of the loop from November. There's quite a bit of information and photos at their website. It's worth a look for anyone interested in the RGS and Ridgway: ridgwayrailroadmuseum.org

Date: 05/03/18 11:18
Author: PatM

Heard they had a new steam locomotive replica being built.
Supposed arrive in 2017.
I've not seen any announcement.
Will visit again this summer.
Pat

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0374 seconds