Home Open Account Help 273 users online

Steam & Excursion > Quick shout out to Illinois Railway Museum

Date: 07/15/18 10:20
Quick shout out to Illinois Railway Museum
Author: CNWJim

Was at Day Out With Thomas yesterday with the grandkids. IRM did a fantastic job with a huge crowd. Professional, welcoming, efficient.
Just another example of what a top notch outfit can do. They just keep getting better and better.
P.S. Frisco 1630 and Rock Island GP7R 4506 were powering the trains.

Date: 07/15/18 16:45
Re: Quick shout out to Illinois Railway Museum
Author: cchan006

CNWJim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.S. Frisco 1630 and Rock Island GP7R 4506 were
> powering the trains.

I better shout out for the IRM as well. I visited the museum couple of weekends ago for their Traction Weekend, just as the heat wave hit Midwestern and Eastern states.

The attendance was lower than expected (according to a volunteer) due to temperatures in the high-90s with humidity, but as the video I'm posting will show, that didn't deter the museum from running cool stuff and having fun. The conductor of the train pulled by Frisco 1630 told me Shay #5 was almost ready for steam up, and just a few days later, LoggerHogger posted this:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4586897

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/15/18 17:31
Author: cchan006

- Matched interurban train, Illinois Terminal Railroad's #277, #518, and #234.

- Working semaphores on the museum's main tracks.

- Video of the museum's wigwags, CCW #300 steeplecab, and ride on the main onboard #277.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/15/18 18:15
Author: filmteknik

One great thing after another.  They now have an opeating ATSF FP45.   Not too far off (I hope) will be an Alco FA.   And farther down the road will be a UP 2-8-0 similar to the one on Heber.  The boiler was completed long ago so I hope the running gear work is completed before boiler time runs out and they have to redo much of it.  The cutoff is 16 years after the first tube is installed.

Date: 07/16/18 12:23
Author: pt199

I love the IRM, what a beautiful place to see vintage rail equipment running.
Long live the volunteers there!

Date: 07/16/18 17:42
Author: HAMMER

Excellent!
Awesome videos, thanks for sharing. I may just have to burn a day this week, just so I can ride the “cars”.
Thanks
Markie

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0745 seconds