Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Steam & Excursion > UP 844 & 1943 lead CFD to Cheyenne

Date: 07/21/18 17:44
UP 844 & 1943 lead CFD to Cheyenne
Author: ATSFSuperChief

Saturday morning the Cheyenne Frontier Days train sponsored by the Denver Post heads north thru Eaton, CO at 10th street/CR76. There is a slight downgrade from the south which then turns to slight upgrade at the road crossing so it is not distorted by the GoPro lens. UP 844 & 1943 with the very large passenger train were at track speed, 60 MPH and looked magnificent. Kept back from crossing to minimize crossing noises and shot from roof of pickup to clear fine corn crop. Please note people in orange pickup first waved at engines and then passengers. This train is very popular and many people came to watch, there were four vehicles parked near my pickup. Hope they enjoyed Frontier Days but there was apparently 2" to 4" of rain late afternoon in Cheyenne. At any rate the train ride was fantastic again.

SuperChiefDon

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 07/21/18 18:08
Re: UP 844 & 1943 lead CFD to Cheyenne
Author: BobP

That's impressive.

Date: 07/21/18 18:41
Author: PHall

Looks like they took every car they had over in Fox Park!

Date: 07/21/18 20:11
Author: Bob3985

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Looks like they took every car they had over in
> Fox Park!

LOL, when I was on the crew the UP still had 52 passenger cars in the fleet.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/21/18 20:12
Author: Bob3985

That is a great video Don. I like this one best of yours. I really like the distant scene with the corn crop and rural road crossing. And as always the equipment looks great.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 07/21/18 20:15
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

NICE video of a really great-lookg train!  Thanks so much for posting it here.  Love the broadside view!

(Tjhat train, at, what, 19 cars, is far from being all of the passenger  cars that UP owns.  According to the list on teir website, they own 45 cars, two of them being power cars, and a few other cars being ones that people never ride in.   I am soooo lad the UP has all those cars!)

Date: 07/21/18 23:41
Author: RailRat

Great video and audio!, and fantastic to see and hear an up to the minute video of UP Steam rolling along at speed, on the mainline, towing an equally impressive combo of diesel and passenger cars!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0405 seconds