Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Steam & Excursion > Train Robberies!

Date: 09/17/18 16:26
Train Robberies!
Author: drgw0579

In Martin's post below, a tangent started about staged fake train robberies.   I've experienced a couple, notibly on  Sierra  RR on a special fan trip in early 1985, and one on the Grand Canyon in 1990 or so.  The one on the Sierra was held at a scheduled stop, and the photos below show some of the action.  The non-railfans that were with us thought it was the hightlight of the trip.  Oh well, tourist railroads *are* in the entertainment business...

Bill Kepner

Date: 09/17/18 17:43
Re: Train Robberies!
Author: MaryMcPherson

Got robbed on the Huckleberry Railroad in 1983.

Still broke.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 09/17/18 18:43
Author: sixbit

Bill:

That "station" must have been a movie prop they left in place after filming. Sure not one of the Sierra's depots or even flag stops! I thought there was a depot built for a western down by Montezuma a few miles west of the Hatler Rock Quarry, and that scenery looks a lot like that spot.

John Mills

Date: 09/17/18 20:30
Author: wjpyper

On a ride that I went on the Mt. Hood Railroad in Oregon in the late 1990s one of the "robbers" was so drunk that he kept falling off his horse. LOL
Bill Pyper
Salem, Oregon

Date: 09/17/18 20:36
Author: Copy19

An Indian raid on the KP in 1986 with 8444 pulling the Kansas sesquicentennial statehood anniversary special was raided by "Indians" who captured UP official Ed O"Hara.  Jeepers!!

Date: 09/18/18 02:02
Author: jeffgeldner

Thanks for sharing. A long-time tradition on the Calico and Ghost Town Railroad at Knott's Berry Farm has been the train robbery, a feature of all runs. A unique approach to the train robbery concept was on board the Alberta Prairie Steam Train out of Stettler, Alberta, Canada. The passengers were encouraged to "give" money to the robbers- the proceeds went to a children's charity.

Jeff Geldner
Sequoia National Park, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.042 seconds