Home Open Account Help 382 users online

Steam & Excursion > Climax in Lincoln, New Hampshire

Date: 10/16/18 21:18
Climax in Lincoln, New Hampshire
Author: cchan006

While on my way out of Bretton Woods (Mt. Washington Cog Railway), I stopped by Lincoln, New Hampshire. I found the amusement park "Clark's Trading Post" along with the railroad that runs inside the park, White Mountain Central Railroad.

Here's a quick video of the train, with Climax #6 and a covered bridge. The locomotive worked at the nearby Beebe River Lumber Co., and East Branch & Lincoln Railroad before ending up at Clark's. A post here on TO many years ago said this #6 worked in West Virginia, which seems incorrect. That post might have confused a Climax #6 that is at the Cass Scenic Railroad, or the Heisler #4

So this #6, after being delivered new from Pennsylvania, is a New Hamshire native.

- GE 65 tonner and Shay (not operable) at Clark's Trading Post.

- Further east at Loon Mountain ski resort, is a Porter on display that was traded for Clark's 2-4-2T #5 (stored serviceable).

- Quick video of Climax #6.

That's it for the quick report.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/18/18 08:14
Re: Climax in Lincoln, New Hampshire
Author: DavidP

The White Mountain Central’s Heisler is the engine from West Virginia.  Their Climax and Shay locomotives worked in New Hampshire during logging railroad days.

Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds