Home Open Account Help 393 users online

Steam & Excursion > Something a little different

Date: 11/12/18 11:15
Something a little different
Author: Rattie

I have posted several videos from my trips across the pond to Cumbres & Toltec country here in the past.  Last week I attended the Caledonian Reunion photo charter hosted on the Bo'ness and Kinneil Railway, so I thought I would share a few clips here over the next few days. 

The Caledonian Reunion brought together two Scottish built locos. 0-4-4 No. 419 built in 1907 and 0-6-0 No. 828 built in 1899. They ran on the Caledonian Railway (The Caley) thought out Scotland and this event has brought them together for the first time in preservation.  The weather was driech (Scotts for dull and damp), hey it's Scotland in November said one Gricer (Fomers in the US) to me at one of the run-bys.

The clip featured in this post has 419 and 828 double heading over the Avon Gorge Viaduct.  By the way to carriages are original Caley coaches from the 1920's.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/12/18 11:51
Re: Something a little different
Author: UP3806

Beautiful equipment. That's about as fast as I've ever seen an 0-4-4 and an 0-6-0 move!

Tom

Date: 11/12/18 12:05
Author: andersonb109

I found the weather to be hardly dull and damp. We had full sun both mornings and clouds in the afternoon. The only rain was during the night shots which were under the cover of the shed. Perhaps you weren't actually on the private charter put on by Andrew Fowler, but rather on the public event hosted by the railway itself? Regardless, both locos look beautiful in their blue livery. Something very different indeed. Having just returned Saturday, I'll try to post some photos from the charter once edited.

Date: 11/12/18 14:27
Author: spdaylight

Great video!!

Steam fans are so fortunate to have so many restored railway with finely preserved steam engines in the British Isles . . . and to top it off, they built a new steamer (the Toranado) from scratch . . . .  unfortunately they had to disassemble it within a year of its debut to send the boiler back to Germany for warranty work and the re-assembled it . . .  if you have a chance to be on vacation in England, make time to catch some steam.

Craig
mcmrailvideos.com

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.046 seconds