Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Steam & Excursion > Sumpter Valley Fall Photo Weekend

Date: 11/12/18 16:06
Sumpter Valley Fall Photo Weekend
Author: jbwest

This was my first visit to Sumpter's Fall Color weekend, but it will not be my last.  We had two full days of wonderful fall color, great weather, interesting steam, and some good comraderie.  And it is a great bargain for under $200 for both days, including continental breakfasts at McEwen to help you get started at the early hour, and nice lunchs including hot soup at the Sumpter station.    On Saturday the engines both faced east, and on Sunday they faced west, creating a nice variety of photo ops. The Sumpter railroaders put in some long hard hours, but hopefully they appreciate the results as much as I do.  The link is to a small album of my favorites from the weekend.

Sumpter Valley Railroad Fall Photo Weekend

JBWX

Date: 11/12/18 17:19
Re: Sumpter Valley Fall Photo Weekend
Author: Shay47

Great series of photos.  The Sumpter Valley certainly maximises the available photo opportunities in a relatively short distance.  Too bad they are so far away from anyplace.  They deserve a lot more visitors.

Michael Allen

Date: 11/12/18 22:27
Author: asheldrake

wonderful pictures!!!   Arlen

Date: 11/13/18 07:26
Author: refarkas

Truely "timeless".
Bob

Date: 11/13/18 08:04
Author: Alco251

On my "to do" list. Thanks for posting thyese.

Date: 11/13/18 17:18
Author: nycman

Wonderful photos, John, as always.  I have been there three times but you have done much better covering the operation than I ever did.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0333 seconds