Home Open Account Help 247 users online

Steam & Excursion > 2019 NRHS Convention Events Filling Up

Date: 02/04/19 18:17
2019 NRHS Convention Events Filling Up
Author: RuleG

According to an article in today's Trains.com Newswire, the events programmed for the 2019 National Railway Historical Society Convention are beginning to sell out just one week after registration opened.  The light rail transit system ride scheduled for May 8 is full, although the convention committee is considering adding another trip.  Only coach space is available for the Heber Valley excursion trip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I didn't understand the appeal of this convention, many other rail enthusiasts registered.  Hope all who attend have a great time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/19 18:45 by RuleG.

Date: 02/04/19 18:35
Re: 2019 NRHS Convention Events Filling Up
Author: train671

Chasing the "Big Boy" to the convention and hope to see if a trip materializes might be a reason
to go but the choices so far aren't all that appealing........

Date: 02/05/19 04:33
Author: Bridge60

I wonder just how much capacity some of the events, like the light rail trip actually have.  Limited seating may account for some of the sellouts.  I don't get the appeal of the events either, though I suppose a lot of people are figuring "we're already going to be there so what the heck?" and taking part.  It seems like just about everything listed could be done on your own, cheaper, not counting the diesel photo freight portion of the Heber Valley trip.

The theme seems to be "NRHS 2019: Welcome to Salt Lake City, You're On Your Own".

Dave

Date: 02/05/19 05:42
Author: NKP715

How "healthy" is the NRHS, these days ?  I used to be a
member- even have a 50 year pin - but dropped out several
years back.

Date: 02/05/19 07:04
Author: Mudrock

The convention has a limted set by the Transit district. We are just going to ride it all on our own with our $20 transit five day pass good on all the light rail and Front Runner trains.

Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/19 07:05 by Mudrock.

Date: 02/05/19 16:51
Author: czuleget

Join the SP Historical and technical society and join in on there convention if not a member. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds