Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Steam & Excursion > New Steam Photo Series

Date: 02/05/19 10:22
New Steam Photo Series
Author: andersonb109

If there is sufficient interest, I propose to offer a new steam photo series.  Daily if possible.  I will post what I consider to be one of my best photos from each of the countries where I have photographed steam...29 at last count. For some such as my first posting which is Argentina, the photo provided might be of dubious quality. My photo skills and cameras were not up to their current standards. For others, I will have to sort through several acceptable photos. I'm posting here as opposed to the European or International forums as photos will range geographically including North America, Europe, and the rest of the world (International). Following alphabetical order, today's first posting is from a Trains Unlimited Tours trip to Patagonia, Argentina in 2000. At that time, the line of the "Old Patagonian Express" was open only as far north as El Matan. This photo sees our charter train, complete with one of the participants on the foot plate, just north of Nahual Pan. The loco is one of twenty five 2-8-2's ordered from Baldwin in the USA. Unfortunately, for this tour, the loco carried lettering for the then tourist operation   When I post international steam photos I often get questions like "why didn't I know about this....how do I find out?"  So for those interested, FarRail Tours is offering a a tour to the line in August of this year which of course is Winter in Argentina. If possible, the entire line will be covered and all locos will be appropriately lettered. Next up will be Australia. 

Date: 02/05/19 11:20
Re: New Steam Photo Series
Author: refarkas

Great idea. Super photo.
Bob

Date: 02/05/19 12:37
Author: 1019X

Great photo, look forward to more. What is the track gauge?

Date: 02/05/19 12:42
Author: doge_of_pocopson

What is going on with the two smoke plumes?

Date: 02/05/19 12:45
Author: HotWater

doge_of_pocopson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is going on with the two smoke plumes?

Shadow on the hillside?

Date: 02/05/19 13:09
Author: flyingfred

Jack, That totally makes sense to me.

-Fred-

HotWater Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> doge_of_pocopson Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > What is going on with the two smoke plumes?
>
> Shadow on the hillside?

Date: 02/05/19 14:18
Author: andersonb109

Track guage is 750 MM.  Yes, that's a smoke reflection on the rocks.

Date: 02/06/19 11:17
Author: LJGross

I will look forward to seeing more of these

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1571 seconds