Home Open Account Help 274 users online

Steam & Excursion > MILW streamlined 4-6-2

Date: 02/17/19 15:13
MILW streamlined 4-6-2
Author: valmont

No info ... is this Milwaukee? Clock tower looks familiar

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/19 15:16 by valmont.

Date: 02/17/19 15:19
Re: MILW streamlined 4-6-2
Author: refarkas

An "A+" photo. WOW!
Bob

Date: 02/17/19 15:37
Author: CPRR

Glad my wash was not hanging on the line....

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/17/19 16:14
Author: andersonb109

Definitely Milwaukee Road Station in Milwaukee. The clock tower was truncated in it's later years. Station was torn down to make way for the I-94 freeway. The former Milwaukee Interurban Terminal is next door. I've never seen a color photo of the street side of the station. There have been many published track side.

Date: 02/17/19 17:48
Author: andersonb109

Here's my HO version of the station...kit bashed from a Walther's kit. 

Date: 02/17/19 18:46
Author: sgriggs

Wow!  What a beautiful model.

Date: 02/18/19 06:16
Author: SR2

CPRR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad my wash was not hanging on the line....
>
> Posted from iPhone

Thanks for reminding me .... when a little kid, my mother had to plan her wash day around the
train schedules as the morning westbound wayfreight was still steam powered.  We lived just a couple
hundred feet from the mainline, and on the end of a 1.7 percent grade. She also washed the soot
from the window sills on the side of the house facing the tracks.... Thank for the memories.
SR2

Date: 02/18/19 06:22
Author: NKP779

1- Were'nt these Pacifics streamlined for the CHIPPEWA trains?

2- wasn't there a fire that destroyed the elaborate station, replaced by a modern box?

Date: 02/18/19 20:13
Author: hawkinsun

Yes, two of the Milwaukee's F-3 pacifics were streamlined for the Chippewa trains.   According to my mom and dad, I got to ride behind one of them.   The only bummer was, I wasn't quite born yet.  They were on a trip up to Ontanogan, Michigan.   

Craig Hanson
Vay, ID

Date: 02/18/19 22:47
Author: coach

What a grand photo!  See that building in the background?  I love how so many windows are OPEN, compared to today's sterile buildings that have constantly sealed windows.  Back then, you could open up a window for a breeze or just to hear more of what's going on outside.

Add to that a robust newspaper industry, a big U.S.-made economy, and it all adds up to a great time in U.S. history.  Wish I could go back in time to experience it.

Date: 02/19/19 11:18
Author: JimBaker

Dumb Question ... Is the train leaving Milwaulee heading south toward Chicago, or does it head for a junction further down to head northeast.

--Outlander Jim

James R.(Jim) Baker
Whittier, CA

Date: 02/19/19 11:36
Author: kevink

JimBaker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dumb Question ... Is the train leaving Milwaulee
> heading south toward Chicago, or does it head for
> a junction further down to head northeast.

The train is leaving heading westbound (geographically southwest). It will join the freight main in a block or so.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds