Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Steam & Excursion > LOGGERHOGGER Returns From Running The TRAINS Skookum Charter!

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 03/19/19 02:35
LOGGERHOGGER Returns From Running The TRAINS Skookum Charter!
Author: LoggerHogger

Well, another successful run for our beloved Skookum on the Oregon Coast Scenic Railroad is in the books.  I spent the last week putting on our much anticipated TRAINS Magazine charter with Skookum as the star.  We put on more than 100 miles on the engine over the several days of the charter.

As I was too busy to post anything on her or other sites during the charter I am sure there are many nice images already posted from the charter.  I will add a few of mine when I get the chance to look through them in the next few days.

Skookum still has some lubrication issues that we are dealing with.  We had all hands on her in the shop during one day of the charter to work some minor miracles to correct an issue that re-appeared after 2 full days of running.

Skookum made it all the way to Batterson in the Nehalem River canyon and pur on quite a show.  We are proud of wour work over the past 14 years to bring back this marvelous locomotive to operation.

In the next 2 minths look for a special TRAINS video on Skookum that will show her history, it's restoration and the operation of her on this fine charter.

Martin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/19 02:43 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 03/19/19 02:36
Re: LOGGERHOGGER Returns From Running The TRAINS Skookum Charter!

Martin-2

Date: 03/19/19 02:36

Martin-3

Date: 03/19/19 03:24

Martin.4

Date: 03/19/19 03:31
Author: cozephyr

Marvelous-!   Congratulations on your Skookum revival and operation.  Glad you and your crew were able to resolve any issues that developed.

Date: 03/19/19 03:56
Author: bobwilcox

Wonderful job of restoration.

Bob Wilcox
Charlottesville, VA
My Flickr Shots

Date: 03/19/19 03:57
Author: Keystone1

rom to rebuild Skookum?  She was a wreck.  Great job guys.

Date: 03/19/19 06:17
Author: cjvrr

Gorgeous Photos!

Date: 03/19/19 06:44
Author: hotrail

Quite an accomplishment!  The rebuild, the charter -- and thanks for posting all of those great photos!

Date: 03/19/19 06:56
Author: refarkas

An "A+" series!
Bob

Date: 03/19/19 07:17
Author: tomstp

14 years!  You guys sorta stuck to it.  Hard to see the future looking ahead that far.  Congratulations

Date: 03/19/19 07:42
Author: BAB

The first picture is a cover one for sure and also for postcards.  Would like to have that framed in my train room wow. Thanks for all of your hard work but we still missed your posts. Boyd in Chiloquin.

Date: 03/19/19 08:26
Author: hawkinsun

Terrific photos, and and congrats. on a job well done.

Now, who's going to be the first to come out with a really nice model of this locomotive ?   I want one, in any scale.  Anywhere from Z scale to LGB, or whatever that big garden railway size is.   Preferably brass, but a decent plastic one could keep me happy.  I'm not into three rail, but this engine would work great on those tight radius Lionel tracks.   I'll take one in HO and O scale for sure, and maybe one in N scale for my key chain.

Thanks Martin and Chris and everybody else involved in this project.

Craig Hanson
Vay, Idaho

Date: 03/19/19 08:43
Author: P

What an absolutely amazing story this is. It is frankly quite stunning that you all were able to make it happen and saw it through.
My hats off to everyone who contributed to this revival!

Posted from Android

Date: 03/19/19 09:45
Author: asheldrake

MANY thanks to the OCSR crews & staff, the many steam experts that came to the rescue, the Trains magazine staff and you Martin for a great two days.   MOST enjoyable all the way around....and not to forget, thanks to the weather for two absolutelyu gorgeous days on the Oregon Coast......somebody(s) are living right.   hopefully all involved can now get some much deserved rest.   Arlen

Date: 03/19/19 11:45
Author: engrbill47

Martin: Your efforts a keeping a piece of Logging history and steam locomotion are deeply appreciated. I really enjoyed your photos and look forward to seeing more. Thanks for your efforts.

William Jeffers, P.E.
San Dimas, CA

Date: 03/19/19 11:58
Author: Ardenwood

Martin,
    These are beautiful pictures.  Thank you for the great show.  Haruo

Date: 03/19/19 15:39
Author: jbwest

Wish I could have been there, glad I at least saw her in October.

JBWX

Date: 03/19/19 16:18
Author: MaryMcPherson

I'd sign up for a copy of that DVD!

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

Date: 03/19/19 19:28
Author: train671

After this weekend Skookum will eventually be taken down to Niles Canyon.  Will that be their permanent
new home?  I have heard that they will be participating with some local events and trips on the line there.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0646 seconds