Home Open Account Help 215 users online

Steam & Excursion > THANK YOOOO! Uncle Pete And Crew, And 4014 Chasers!

Date: 05/08/19 21:23
THANK YOOOO! Uncle Pete And Crew, And 4014 Chasers!
Author: RailRat

Just a heart-felt Thank you to UP for bringing a Big Boy back to life again, and operating it on the Mainline, for all to see.

(Attached is a sign I made for the Eastbound trip of UP 3985 in Northern Nevada, in 1992, for the appreciation I felt for thier steam program, after witnessing 3 or 4 years of 844/3985.
Of which I extend the same sentiments to the current UP Steam Crew and Management)

And Thank You to all TO members who are posting the latest pictures and videos, and latest updates of this truly historic event, out in the wilds of Wyoming and Utah with all the traffic, crowds, weather, and sometimes low batteries and lost internet connections!, And the same Thank you to Trains Magazine reporters! From those of us who have to stay home and work, or who just can't be there.

I think ALL Posts here on TO of 4014's progress are truly stunning, and the Best of The Best is Right Here, right now, on this site, hands down. Just don't have time to post replys to the flood of exellent posts here on TO, but I dang sure do have time to quickly view all of them, then quickly switch over to see the latest Trains videos on Facebook.

This all reminds me of the Big Thrills When First seeing 844 in person, then later 3985. Both Young and Old are totally absorbed by these sights and sounds that we just don't see or hear everyday anymore, Especially when that Big Whistle Blows!

Mary Spiked it when she said that most of the viewing public could give a Toot about all the insider info about 4014, And Martin Spiked it in his post about 4014 running on very same territory again, that the 4000 class was designed to run in the first place.

Many out of the way places and small towns are suddenly populated with tons of Happy people for one day, then it's history the next, and back to Normal.

Again Thank UP, and all you chasers, who are out there, bringing us the latest on 4014!

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/19 23:56 by RailRat.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds