Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Steam & Excursion > U.S. Steam 20

Date: 05/18/19 03:42
U.S. Steam 20
Author: andersonb109

Back out west, Lerro Productions hosted a charter on the Virginia and Truckee Railroad in February, 2014. Having taken Amtrak's California Zephyr from Chicago to Reno, I drove to Virginia City for the event. We were all hoping for snow and were pleasantly surprised by what we got. Very little snow on the ground near the line, but just enough in the mountains to make for a beautiful setting. And temps warm enough to make for enjoyable photography conditions. This charter was also famous for Pete's record setting run past in terms of time. The train backed up well down the line and steamed forward for nearly 20 minutes (or was it 30?) to the delight of those making videos but not so much for the still photographers as some thought too much time was wasted missing other opportunities. Both available locomotives, V&T No. 29 and McCloud River No. 18 were used for the event, including a surprise double heading for the afternoon of the second day. The first two photos see the train at Goldhill Mine while the third is approaching Yellow Jacket Tunnel, one of two on the line. 

Date: 05/18/19 04:53
Re: U.S. Steam 20
Author: refarkas

Stunning!
Bob

Date: 05/18/19 08:34
Author: jcaestecker

Thank you for all of your your different series.  Most enjoyable.

-John

Date: 05/18/19 09:32
Author: andersonb109

Thanks to everyone for the frequent nice comments on the series. But I'm soon running out of photos!  Glad I can provide some enjoyment to those who may not be able to get out to these types of events through the lens of my camera. I'm lucky to be able to do so. 

Date: 05/20/19 15:11
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 3!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0419 seconds