Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Steam & Excursion > The "Other" Keystone Crossing

Date: 06/04/19 09:19
The "Other" Keystone Crossing
Author: pennsy3750

Here's one that escaped the from the vaults this week:

Nevada Northern 2-8-0 #93 performs a photo runby on the long fill leading out of the East Ely yard complex, as viewed from the Keystone Crossing during one of the photo weekends in February, 2011.  If you've never been to the NNRy, you really, really, need to make plans to get out there and see what you're missing.

The Keystone Crossing that I know is where Glade City Road crosses the B&O east of Meyersdale, Penn.  Anyone know how a crossing in Nevada (i.e., not the Keystone State) got that name?  Maybe a long-gone mining company by that name?  I should also note that the road crossing the tracks here is called Lackawanna Road, which also seems completely out of place in a remote corner of the Silver State.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/19 22:07 by pennsy3750.

Date: 06/04/19 09:40
Re: The "Other" Keystone Crossing
Author: SPDRGWfan

Very nice.  I've driven through Ely on trips east and west on Hwy 50 back in my college years.  I always injoyed those drives.

Date: 06/04/19 15:48
Author: CPengineer

Excellent photo.  

Date: 06/05/19 14:13
Author: ns1000

Nice shot!!

Date: 06/08/19 17:50
Author: NKP779

My son and I were at Ely about a month ago.  Wow, it was wonderful!  We can't wait to go back to see the steam crane "A" operate - seen in this photo.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0303 seconds