Home Open Account Help 210 users online

Steam & Excursion > CN7470 through Crawford Notch

Date: 06/29/19 15:28
CN7470 through Crawford Notch
Author: DavidP

Here are three clips I stitched together of the Conway Scenic Railroad’s recently restored ex-CN 0-6-0 leading a special “Notch Train” over the former MEC Mountain Division to an airshow at the Mt. Washington Regional Airport in Whitefield.  The destination is about a dozen miles further than the CSRR usually ventures.  The scenes are at Crawford Notch, passing the Mt. Washington Hotel at Bretton Woods, and crossing US Rte 3 in the town of Carroll.  Newly acquired dome Silver Splendor is right behind the auxiliary tank car.  Unfortunately the weather was overcast and some early problems with the 7470 had the train running almost two hours behind schedule...but what a great show!  7470 may be small, but her steam and whistle sound great.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/19 17:49 by DavidP.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/29/19 16:53
Re: CN7470 through Crawford Notch

I started Saturday's chase by hiking to the Frankenstein trestle, an iconic landmark on the Mountain Division.  Unfortunately my iPhone didn't handle the lighting very well when trying to shoot video, so here is a still shot of the train on the trestle, plus another during a brief water stop at Crawford Notch station.

Dave

Date: 06/29/19 17:46
Author: tomstp

That is a good sounding engine coming up the grade.

Date: 06/30/19 13:50
Author: P

Well done!  Good to see steam in the Notch once again.

Date: 06/30/19 15:25
Author: Copy19

That’s a beautiful area.  Nice video.

JB - Omaha

Date: 07/01/19 03:16
Author: ut-1

Nicely done!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/01/19 11:15
Author: jcaestecker

Thanks for posting!  The torch has been passed and the Silver Splendor is in good hands up there. 

To Dave and Rhonda Swirk, as well as the rest of the fine folks at N. Conway, we wish you all the best and we look forward to riding in the dome on 7/20!

-The Caestecker family

Date: 07/01/19 17:38

jcaestecker Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for posting!  The torch has been passed
> and the Silver Splendor is in good hands up
> there. 
>
I was chatting with Brian Solomon from Trains while waiting for the special at Frankenstein Trestle and he mentioned several times how nice the interior is on the Silver Splendor.  Can’t wait to ride it myself!

Dave

Date: 07/01/19 21:35
Author: WrongMain

Great video.  Never was a fan of small steam, but that 0-6-0 could change my opinion.  She looks and sounds beautiful!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds