Home Open Account Help 221 users online

Steam & Excursion > Better Late than never....

Date: 06/29/19 13:45
Better Late than never....
Author: weather

I know I am late to the party but I have a good excuse.  Right after I got back from Utah, I hoped on a plane to visit my Daughter in Bruseels.  I flew into Amsterdam, stayed there a few days and the my Wife and I took the TGV to Brussels to see Jessica and back on the TGV to Paris and then home after 12 wonderful days in Europe.  Than there was the process of editing all the shots before posting. On the eastbound trip, I joined the thousands on the Freeway hoping to catch a fleeting glimpse of the #4014.  I set my sights on Echo because i knew it was going to stop there and also there is plenty of room for everyone to get off the Freeway onto to the Old Road. So I se out early ahead of the thundering heard.  I also brought my mountain bike which paid big dividends getting around Ogden. I pulled of I-80 a few miles before Echo, got on the bike and started to look for a spot where no one else was shotting and staked my claim.  Now mind you, folks were littered along the ROW from Ogden to Evanston, so I knew at some point I would be joined by dozens of my closet friends. So I parked in Echo, nearby the historic Mormon Church and pedeled west. Found my spot and here is my I-phone * image.  I know I will get alot of flack on this, but with a normal appeture, you would be hard pressed to tell between this shot and a Cannon DSLR.  Copyright 2019, "All Rights Reserved."  By Mike Pechner UP Meteorologist, Nor Cal Service Unit.

Date: 06/29/19 14:03
Re: Better Late than never....
Author: czuleget

Mike its not like you, late to the Party.  Nice shot thought. 

Date: 06/29/19 14:18
Author: HotWater

Very nice. Even though it is down grade, and looks like the train is stopped. Nice lighting, too.

Date: 06/29/19 18:04
Author: JLKirk

MIke,

Great shot.... glad you posted it!!!

Joel Kirk

Date: 06/29/19 18:17
Author: atsf121

Great photo!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/30/19 15:06
Author: Copy19

Do I see two people leaning out of the 4014’s fireman side cab window and one or two leaning out of the gangway?  God knows how many were inside the cab.  Nice shot though.  I hope they keep that basic black in service look and bag the flags.

JB - Omaha

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds