Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Steam & Excursion > Suggestions for watching/chasing 765 next week on the CVSR?

Date: 09/15/19 15:00
Suggestions for watching/chasing 765 next week on the CVSR?
Author: randyr

Folks:

I will be taking my grandson to ride the morning run with 765 next Sunday. And I hope we can get a few views of it on the afternoon run. I have never been to the CVSR and we will be arriving in North Akron after dark due to his soccer game on Saturday. 

If anyone has any suggestions on watching and chasing the afternoon run I would appreciate it. I am more interested in my grandson watching it in action as opposed to find the best photo locations. Where do they keep the locomotive overnight? Any chance to see it coming into to North Akron before the first run of the day? We rode last year on the Rocket to Chicago, and he thought the best part was the photo run they did where they backed it out of LaSalle and ran in back into the Station. 

TIA to all of those who reply!

Randy in PHX, a bitter and broken AZ Cardinals fan.

Date: 09/15/19 17:22
Re: Suggestions for watching/chasing 765 next week on the CVSR?
Author: WLE2679

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure it is kept at Fitzwater shops overnight.

Date: 09/15/19 17:27
Re: Suggestions for watching/chasing 765 next week on the CVSR?
Author: WLE2679

When we rode it they did the run by at Boston Mills depot. We went to the same spot in the afternoon and were told we had to stay on the other side of the road in the parking lot even though we were behind the temp orange fence they put up. Pennisula is a nice place to catch it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0269 seconds