Home Open Account Help 343 users online

Steam & Excursion > SAFETY in regards to the 765 Movements !!!

Date: 09/16/19 15:10
SAFETY in regards to the 765 Movements !!!
Author: scoobydoobydoo

In my Oppion ,I think the movement of 765's movement should be posted a couple days ahead when they will head to any location.Safety is my point.If they post it the day they leave everybody will Drive like crazzy to get where they can see the train.Safety goes out the window.If its posted early people can get to there location Safely and relax and wait,SAFETY is my Point in my Oppion.....Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 09/16/19 17:07
Re: SAFETY in regards to the 765 Movements !!!
Author: HotWater

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> In my Oppion ,I think the movement of 765's
> movement should be posted a couple days ahead when
> they will head to any location.Safety is my
> point.If they post it the day they leave everybody
> will Drive like crazzy to get where they can see
> the train.Safety goes out the window.If its posted
> early people can get to there location Safely and
> relax and wait,SAFETY is my Point in my
> Oppion.....Scoobydoobydoo

Sorry but, I disagree. Those folks will "Drive like Crazy" no matter WHEN they learn of the move. Thus, it is far better to NOT release ANY information whatsoever, and move her at night!

Date: 09/16/19 17:17
Author: callum_out

And rule #2, if there's no center stripe on the two lane road, three wide is permissable. The chase traffic has
always been more interesting than the runby videos, that and throwing rocks at the helicopter.

Out

Date: 09/16/19 17:58
Author: wabash2800

IMO, it's a numbers thing, the more people know about it, the more people will be out there. And the more people out there, the more coconuts!

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/19 18:24 by wabash2800.

Date: 09/17/19 04:04
Author: mrwalsh85

Sounds like someone's bitter because he couldn't get the 765 schedule ahead of time.

Let the railroad and FWRHS do their thing. They will put out information as they deem necessary. I am 99.9% certain that the FWRHS wants to do everything they can to maintain a positive relationship with the common carriers that they have a wonderful relationship with. If this means keeping departure schedules hush hush, so be it. But that's not to say they can't tweet "yep, we're underway!" - in fact, they do this on occasion.

If you truly want to catch 765 over the road, figure out when the engine is supposed to be at it's destination, then do some research to determine how long it has taken 765 to get there in years past. Once you've done that, add a couple days to that, then stay in a hotel in Ft Wayne and drive by - checking on the premises on a regular basis until you don't see a steam engine anymore - then you'll know it's on the road. That'd be your best bet, than griping on TO over this.

BTW the other posters are correct. By not advertising their departure date, they are minimizing the risk factor associated with railfans over the road. One of those could be less railfans parked on the gravel access roads owned by the railroad, blocking RR employees' access to railroad owned property. Less cars clustering up crossings, highways, etc...  Less cars = less risk.  Less risk = safety.

...or you could become a member of FWRHS and volunteer, you would probably have a better shot at getting insider information that way, than asking on TO. And you'd be supporting a wonderful organization, to boot.

Word of caution, though...  If you get that insider information, keep it to yourself unless it's been expressed to you that it can be shared to the public. You don't want to lose access to that information. This goes for ANY insider information - regardless of group. That is, unless you're intent on burning bridges with those groups...  Then YMMV.

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
> In my Oppion ,I think the movement of 765's
> movement should be posted a couple days ahead when
> they will head to any location.Safety is my
> point.If they post it the day they leave everybody
> will Drive like crazzy to get where they can see
> the train.Safety goes out the window.If its posted
> early people can get to there location Safely and
> relax and wait,SAFETY is my Point in my
> Oppion.....Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 09/17/19 06:10
Author: nathansixchime

This schedule was published a few months ago ;)

https://www.cvsr.org/steam

Date: 09/19/19 17:12
Author: scoobydoobydoo

WOW out of 1,114 views i only got 5 Different Oppions than Mine.Safety wins Every Time..Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 09/20/19 06:39
Author: justalurker66

If you want to know where the train will be there is a simple solution: charter the train.
Then you can support the steam operation as well as get your pictures.

Date: 09/20/19 06:58
Author: Spoony81

justalurker66 Wrote:
> If you want to know where the train will be there
> is a simple solution: charter the train.
> Then you can support the steam operation as well
> as get your pictures.

Or download the free 765 tracker app

Date: 09/20/19 12:24
Author: Bridge60

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
> WOW out of 1,114 views i only got 5 Different
> Oppions than Mine.Safety wins Every
> Time..Scoobydoobydoo

Probably because 1109 viewers thought the original post was idiotic and didn't feel the need to comment.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0682 seconds