Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Steam & Excursion > Echoing Thru the Meadow Valley Wash

Date: 10/06/19 23:56
Echoing Thru the Meadow Valley Wash
Author: ats90mph

Many years ago when the restoration of 4014 was announced, there were two locations that I was determined to see "Him". Sherman Hill, WY and the Meadow Valley Wash, NV. After fulfilling my first goal, I drove to Caliente, NV to fulfill the second. Admittedly, I was disappointed when I learned that the Caliente Sub trip was going to be a Westbound (downhill only) affair. However I found a little uphill section between Stine and Boyd, and made the best of it. Hope you enjoy the results...

A traveling companion managed to get a photo of the overall scene (and me taking the above video), and titled it "A foamer in the wild, stalking the rarest of prey, a wild steam locomotive"...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/19 00:50 by ats90mph.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/07/19 00:04
Re: Echoing Thru the Meadow Valley Wash

Without too much "interference", I was able to catch up to him again just east of Elgin, drifting into the morning sun...

Date: 10/07/19 00:08

The steam special went into the hole at Kyle, allowing me to setup a shot at one of the watercourse crossings. I regret panning with the engine, as the thru girder bridge blocked the running gear, but here is the video anyhow...

Hope everyone enjoyed...

Date: 10/07/19 00:15

Bonus...

The "hot" eastbound manifest that "forced" 4014 into the siding at Kyle. All and all it was an excellent meet, the heavier uphill train kept moving, and 4014 was delayed 5 Minutes at most...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/19 00:16 by ats90mph.

Date: 10/08/19 08:49
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice videos and a nice picture with your companion.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0463 seconds