Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Steam & Excursion > Early Christmas Invite

Date: 11/14/19 11:32
Early Christmas Invite
Author: co614

I'm pleased to continue what has become a Christmas tradition the last few years and invite any fellow TO members who would like to join me for a steam cab ride on Baldwin 2-8-0 #40 pulling the Santa Steam Spectacular trains. My duty days on the steam engine are 12/17, 12/18, 12/19, 12/20 and 12/23. To make a reservation go to www.newhoperailroad.com and follow the prompts. 

We have built a new passing siding halfway between New Hope and Lahaska called Deer Park. This will allow us to operate 3 train sets ( 2 diesel, 1 steam) on 30 minute headways on weekends when we often sell out. It will require all trains staying on a 59 minute roundtrip schedule as the Southbound & Northbound trains will pass at Deer Park. 

I'm glad to report that the steam version sells well even with a 15% fare premium vs. diesel. 

My early best wishes for a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, rewarding 2020.

Ross Rowland 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0268 seconds