Home Open Account Help 375 users online

Steam & Excursion > Thank you Union Pacific

Date: 11/26/19 14:37
Thank you Union Pacific
Author: jst3751

Congratulations to Union Pacific Railroad on completion of a outstanding trip lead by UP 4014.

Thank you to the entire UP team for putting on a great show these last couple of months. 

Thank you to UP Corporate for funding this great show.

Date: 11/27/19 05:51
Re: Thank you Union Pacific
Author: Bob3985

I second that motion. Having been a part of the earlier program operation, I too commend the work and dedication of the heritage crew and definitely thank the Railroad and corporation for their support over the years going back to 1959 when the decision to keep the 844 on the roster.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/19 18:06 by Bob3985.

Date: 11/27/19 06:02
Author: Spikes

Congratulations to UP, the steam crew, and Ed. Thanks to the trackside folks for being safe. Keep on steaming!

Date: 11/27/19 06:02
Author: texchief1

PSR or not, UP did a wonderful thing for railfans on this long trip.  They even let us trespass in Flatonia, TX to get on the sunny side of the train.  Congratulations UP Steam crew on a job well done and I hope that we will see 4014 again before too long.

Randy Lundgren
Elgin, TX

Date: 11/27/19 06:36
Author: Jbarton

Thank you Union Pacific for what you did with 4014.  The past two days with Big Boy have been amazing.  Yesterday in the blizzard leaving Denver was incredible.  We'll never forget the experience and will always remember this trip.  

Thanks Again.

Jim Barton

Date: 11/27/19 06:38
Author: lotharb

I have diligently watched this topic for the last 3-4 years, listened to all those naysayers who bashed Ed Dickens and his crew, the UP's decisions, and everything surrounding the topic of rebuilding 4014 and potential swings around the country with great disgust. Maybe you were enthralled with the previous crews and the programs from those days, and righfully so,  but allow me to say....all those naysayers...you guys should be ashamed, and I hope you have the grace to apologize to Ed and crew, and the many readers of Trainorders.
My hat goes off to Ed and his crew and the UP for arguably one of the best Steam-years ever
Happy Thanksgiving
Lothar
Corinth, TX

Date: 11/27/19 07:40
Author: cchan006

lotharb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>  Maybe you were enthralled with the previous crews and the
> programs from those days, and righfully so,  but
> allow me to say....all those naysayers...you guys
> should be ashamed, and I hope you have the grace
> to apologize to Ed and crew, and the many readers
> of Trainorders.

Congratulations to Ed Dickens and the crew for the for The Great Race Across the Southwest Tour. It should be obvious that the crew ran the 4014 better and better as the tour progressed. Even as a "naysayer," I participated in the event as a railfan, and enjoyed the experience.

I've been watching the UP Steam's activities for more than 10 years. Some of your comments are unwarranted. Ed Dickens never apologized for the 844 being out of action for almost 3 years, and there are other events related to the UP Steam program during the last decade which he owes an apology. I'm deliberately not mentioning those, because I'm sort of forgiving, unlike the tone of your post? So I wouldn't shame the "naysayers" if I were you. In fact, it's post like yours that provokes them to "naysay" even more.

ED doesn't owe me an apology, because he was able to get the 4014 to run to the Southwest and back without noticeable mishaps. Yeah, he learned from his mistakes, and improved himself. I also got to enjoy the 3985, and I pity those who weren't able to do so, especially those who only watched the UP Steam Program for only 3-4 years.

Perhaps, more people should be level-headed about all this, instead of being irrational. one-sided, and looking for a useless "win" in an argument?

Date: 11/27/19 12:01
Author: DRGWMark

cchan006 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> lotharb Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >  Maybe you were enthralled with the previous
> crews and the
> > programs from those days, and righfully so,
>  but
> > allow me to say....all those naysayers...you
> guys
> > should be ashamed, and I hope you have the
> grace
> > to apologize to Ed and crew, and the many
> readers
> > of Trainorders.
>
> Congratulations to Ed Dickens and the crew for the
> for The Great Race Across the Southwest Tour. It
> should be obvious that the crew ran the 4014
> better and better as the tour progressed. Even as
> a "naysayer," I participated in the event as a
> railfan, and enjoyed the experience.
>
> I've been watching the UP Steam's activities for
> more than 10 years. Some of your comments are
> unwarranted. Ed Dickens never apologized for the
> 844 being out of action for almost 3 years, and
> there are other events related to the UP Steam
> program during the last decade which he owes an
> apology. I'm deliberately not mentioning those,
> because I'm sort of forgiving, unlike the tone of
> your post? So I wouldn't shame the "naysayers" if
> I were you. In fact, it's post like yours that
> provokes them to "naysay" even more.
>
> ED doesn't owe me an apology, because he was able
> to get the 4014 to run to the Southwest and back
> without noticeable mishaps. Yeah, he learned from
> his mistakes, and improved himself. I also got to
> enjoy the 3985, and I pity those who weren't able
> to do so, especially those who only watched the UP
> Steam Program for only 3-4 years.
>
> Perhaps, more people should be level-headed about
> all this, instead of being irrational. one-sided,
> and looking for a useless "win" in an argument?

I agree with both points.

Date: 11/27/19 15:39
Author: shipsbell

Time to move on, let it go, the actions of the UP and Steam crew speak louder then words. Good job, thanks for the hard work and I enjoyed the 4 times I saw it run. Looking forward to next year and I hope it will be in Northern California. Patrick

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/19 15:41 by shipsbell.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0653 seconds