Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Steam & Excursion > Have a great Thanksgiving, 2019

Date: 11/28/19 04:35
Have a great Thanksgiving, 2019
Author: wcamp1472

To all my friends on the T.O. Steam Board, have a GREAT Thanksgiving around the dinner table with friends and family...
I am especially thankful to all my fellow military families, active and veterans,
(I was USAF, 1960-1964...got out before a VietNam heated up.).

2019 was a tremendous year, in spite of the serious cutbacks by Amtrak and the Carriers’ dropping all participation
in steam runs,   The bright exception is the outstanding performance of all the top folks at U.P. RR.  
The extraordinary backing that they gave to Project 4014 is astounding.  What they are keeping alive is the 
public’s enthusiasm and wonderment of active steam locos —- out and about, around the U.S. of A.
For their decision to ‘bet’ on the positive crowd responses, their gamble paid-off.... MIGHTILY..

Thanks for all you have done, Union Pacific Leaders.  Your courage is admirable.  It is remarkable!
I’d wish that other corporate officers and directors had half that amount of Leadership and Esprit de Corps ....
If more of those owners & managers would take up the cause, that would be wonderful; but, those embers are getting
colder and dying-out...

Also,  I don’t want to forget ALL the other wonderful, FULL-SIZE steam loco operations that are the bright stars
across the land.  These operations are astounding in their dedication and accomplishments.

We’re also right on the doorstep of the “Christmas Train-Tour Season”.  
What a wonderful tradition that has turned into.
We owe a deep debt to Chris Van Allsburg, and his wonderful story.
I want to put on my pajamas, floppy slippers, warm robe & grab some hot coffee ( with a blast of rum) and ride the cushions
as we explore America at night, through the steamed-up windows...

I hope you ALL have a Great holiday season. 
Stay enthusiastic, be cheerful, soak-in the deeply moving moments of the season—- for they are what makes wonderful memories.
Photos and videos, help.  But their main value is to those that were there at the specific event...the rest of us have only poor imagination to amplify the images.   If you weren’t there, then you just won’t truly ‘get it’....

Get out and create your own, real-life experiences and memories..

Best of the Seasons’ Wishes, Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas, 2019.
Welome aboard, 2020..

And a Special “Thanks” to Ross —- all that you’ve started..... back in 1966,  
I’m glad that I was there to live the Railfan’s Dream... As we look back and reflect, over the decades at all that we,
at High Iron, have created and all that we have started.  The “field” has expanded beyond our wildest dreams...

Come On, 2020 !!!!

Wes & Ruth Camp

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/19 05:20 by wcamp1472.

Date: 11/28/19 05:06
Re: Have a great Thanksgiving, 2019
Author: Bob3985

A Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family Wes.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/28/19 06:29
Author: tomstp

Wes, happy turkey day and thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

Date: 11/28/19 06:33
Author: monogram

Hear,Hear!!!

Date: 11/28/19 11:17
Author: nycman

Thanks, Wes, and back at you and everyone else on Trainorders.

Date: 11/28/19 14:32
Author: Bucyrus-Erie

wcamp1472 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Stay enthusiastic, be cheerful, soak-in the deeply
> moving moments of the season—- for they are what
> makes wonderful memories.

> Best of the Seasons’ Wishes, Happy Thanksgiving
> and Merry Christmas, 2019.

> Wes & Ruth Camp

Happy Thanksgiving ... and Merry Christmas ... to you, too, Wes and Ruth.

And, to all the other TO folks.

Jim & Donna Lee
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0481 seconds