Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Steam & Excursion > Holiday Express and SP4449

Date: 12/08/19 21:10
Holiday Express and SP4449
Author: dcautley

Hello people.
Here is my annual post of cell phone photos of the Oregon Rail Heritage Center's Holiday Express, because no one else has posted yet  !?
On my way back to the auto after a long day ...

This is the 14th year, if we're counting correctly.
One more weekend ...
Very few if any tickets left.

-David

Date: 12/08/19 21:32
Re: Holiday Express and SP4449
Author: kmurphy

We rode today on the 4pm run - here's my contribution to the cell phone photos.  That's my daughter in the foreground in the pink hoodie with her back to the camera, along with just a few (!) of our fellow passengers in the background.  My son's on the train somewhere as a volunteer.

Date: 12/08/19 23:10
Author: A-1

We are doing our big annual 24 person ride(gotta get the round end!) next weekend but still took the pooch for a walk along Springwater Trail on Saturday since she can't come. I have concluded she is not a foamer.

Date: 12/09/19 12:21
Author: OliveHeights

I visited ORHC on Halloween and the crew was installing Christmas lights on the 4449 that day.  Seems like a long time ago.

Date: 12/09/19 14:52
Author: nycman

This is a fine experience for the Christmas season, to ride the Holiday Express.  Sure wish I was able to get up there and volunteer once again.  It's a fine experience to volunteer, too, and see all the happy faces.  Way to go, ORHF, and all your helpers.

Date: 12/09/19 17:07
Author: czuleget

I will be in the Portland area Tuesday thru Friday anything going on at the ORHC during the day.?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/19 17:07 by czuleget.

Date: 12/10/19 08:41
Author: asheldrake

ORHC is open regular hours, Thursday & Friday, 1 to 5; and Saturday & Sunday, noon to 5.  4449 will be fired I believe on Friday and on site before the Saturday/Sunday Holiday Express.

Agreed Jim and you are MISSED.   Some of us are realizing that our volunteer days are numbered as we "pre-war" guys look in the mirror.    Arlen

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds