Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Steam & Excursion > We All Lost A Wonderful Railfan And I Lost A Dear Friend.

Date: 01/11/20 04:06
We All Lost A Wonderful Railfan And I Lost A Dear Friend.
Author: LoggerHogger

I received word this week from his family that noted railfan and steam photographer and my good friend, John Shaw passed away suddenly on Wednesday this week.  John was 91 and in good health.

Many of us were lucky enough to know John over the years as one of the 'Good guys" in this hobby.  His photography of stream dated back the early 1950's and is still some of the best that we have ever seen.  John was a true gentleman and always greeted you with a smile.

This photo posted by John's daughter is how we all will remember John.  A broad smile on his face and a camera hanging on his shoulder.

God's Speed John.  We will miss you.

Martin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/20 04:07 by LoggerHogger.

Date: 01/11/20 05:57
Re: We All Lost A Wonderful Railfan And I Lost A Dear Friend.
Author: Keystone1

We are all riding that one way train.   God Bless you at your final destination.  So who is next?

Date: 01/11/20 06:08
Author: photobob

John always had a table next to mine at Winterail and for years we would spend the day reminiscing of the old days. I will always remember his smile.

Robert Morris
Dunsmuir, CA
Robert Morris Photography

Date: 01/11/20 07:35
Author: BAB

Sorry to hear Martin may his signals always be green his track clear and have a full head of steam in his travels. RIP

Date: 01/11/20 09:37
Author: jcaestecker

John rode the Silver Splendor a couple of times and was a delightful person to talk to.  We're all sorry to hear the news.  My condolences to his family and to you, Martin.

-John

Date: 01/11/20 10:20
Author: callum_out

Wonderful person, huge wealth of knowledge, hadn't seen him in a while and was recently thinking of him. RIP to
a great guy to whom I wish I could have spent more time. 

Out 

Date: 01/11/20 10:35
Author: original

John was definitely one of the "Great Guys" !

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.044 seconds