Home Open Account Help 148 users online

Steam & Excursion > Skookum yesterday

Date: 02/17/20 10:21
Skookum yesterday
Author: Ardenwood

Thanks to Doug Debs 'information these shots were taken Sunday, February 16th at Niles Cabyon.  No thanks to my stupidity I forgot how to use the camera (not since last May) and all are over exposedand and blurred, but here they are, all imperfections on their heads
Picture 1.  The train arrives at niles, a lettle past 11 in the morning Skookum heading west
Picture 2.  Skookum is wyed and backing on to the train facing east
Picture 3.  Amtrak Capitol goes by

Date: 02/17/20 10:31
Re: Skookum yesterday

Picture 4.  The train departs from Niles Depot
Picture 5.  The train arrives at Sunol
Picture 6.  The afternoon train crossin the Farwell bridge.

Date: 02/17/20 10:39
Author: HotWater

Is it me, or are those last 2 photos out of focus?

Date: 02/17/20 10:44
Author: NormSchultze

It's not you. Most are out of focus, either because of subject movement, too slow shutter speed or other focus errors. Too bad, the group could have been enjoyable.

Date: 02/17/20 10:48
Author: Tom1of5

They are way better than no pictures at all for us far away.
Thanks for the effort.

Date: 02/17/20 10:52

It's my shuter finger and slow shutter speed, sorry.

Date: 02/17/20 12:42

This comes between 3 and 4.

Date: 02/17/20 14:12
Author: nycman

Haruo, they are fine, and of a pretty subject.  I can sympathize with forgetting how to use the camera.  After my last stroke I had the same problem.  In those circumstances we have to be re-educated and sometimes it still doesn't come back.

Date: 02/17/20 16:28
Author: anotherera

If you had read the OP's explanation in the first paragraph of his post, you would have KNOWN why the pix were "out of focus." So tired of the complaining when the explanation they were looking for was right under their nose!

Date: 02/17/20 18:53
Author: ChrisCampi

Thank you for sharing these. :-)

Date: 02/17/20 21:15
Author: Hillcrest

Haruo, the one on the bridge reminds me so much of a shot my Dad took of a C&S narrow gauge locomotive in 1945 when he was an 18 year old soldier. It was blurry also, and has that same feeling of urgency as your shot. Funny what jogs memories. Thanks for posting those Sir.

Cheers, Dave

Date: 02/18/20 07:37
Author: BAB

Nice pix hope to get over there around Memorial Day this year, hey guy about that focus problem, my right eye has been out of it for twenty years just glad one does most of the time.  And to tha author we enjoyed your pix, got one of them new cameras that auto focus as never could get good shot without it.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1151 seconds