Home Open Account Help 378 users online

Steam & Excursion > Some WW&F For Your Friday

Date: 02/21/20 11:13
Some WW&F For Your Friday
Author: pennsy3750

A few days ago, Earlk brought us some images from the Wiscasset Waterville & Farmington's Grand Reunion of 2-foot gauge engines in Maine.  I didn't get to the Grand Reunion, but my wife and brought our kids to the WW&F's Steam & Sleighs event.  The event, which drew a respectable crowd for midcoast Maine in February, saw the train bringing passengers to Alna Center station for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, and to Top Of The Mountain station for horse-drawn sleigh rides to nearby SeaLyon Farm.

1 - WW&F #9, built in nearby Portland, on the run-around track at Top Of The Mountain.

2 - With the engine back on the train, the fireman oils around.

3 - The noon departure from Sheepscot station starts its return trip.

Date: 02/21/20 11:17
Re: Some WW&F For Your Friday

It had been a number of years since I last visited the WW&F, and these guys have made a lot of progress in that time.

4 - Back at Sheepscot station after letting passenger off, #9 backs clear of the switch so she can drop the train and use the run around track.

5 - Another view at Sheepscot.

6 - Coming back to clear the switch points, as a crewmember stands by at the switch stand.

Date: 02/21/20 11:19

7 - Backing toward the enclosed water tower.

8 - A better look at the three-way stub switch.

9 - A quick peak inside the shop.  Former Bridgeton & Saco River #7 is on the left, with #10's can and frame on the right, awaiting a new boiler.

Date: 02/21/20 14:10
Author: refarkas

Beautiful contemporary photos of historic equipment.
Bob

Date: 02/23/20 15:54
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!

Date: 02/25/20 23:19
Author: SD45X

Loved seeing the hat stub switch when I was there:)
Nothing running:(

Date: 02/26/20 17:15
Author: EMD2024

Great images. I'd love to get up there to see the two-footers in action.

MWPerkins

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0425 seconds