Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&TSR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup Postponed.

Date: 05/26/20 16:29
C&TSR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup Postponed.
Author: YardLimit

Date: 05/26/20 17:18
Re: C&TSR Victorian Iron Horse Roundup Postponed.
Author: callum_out

All the better, next year there's a chance that something really worth seeing will be running.

Out

Date: 05/26/20 20:14
Author: Cumbresfan

Got my email about the cancelation this afternoon. The RR is asking those who paid for reservations to save them for next year but will honor requests for refunds. I'm choosing to let them keep it for use then.

However our Dem governor has agreed with the NM Tourism secretary that events with high attendence may not be allowed for the next 18 months until a vaccine has been found and the virus essentially eliminated. That was not the reason given for the original restrictions (to keep hospitals from being overcrowded with patients) and in NM mostly we are past that point (the largest number of cases and deaths are in counties with large numbers of Native Americans). In other areas of rural New Mexico including Rio Arriba County where the C&TS is located, they have a total of 37 cases and no deaths. So statewide New Mexicans have a choice to "remain closed and safe" or go across the state line to Texas for a haircut and indoor sit-down restaurant meal (like one of my coworkers did this weekend in Lubbock).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/20 20:15 by Cumbresfan.

Date: 05/26/20 20:18
Author: callum_out

Just have to go to the runs out of Antonito

Out 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds