Home Open Account Help 262 users online

Steam & Excursion > 2011 White Pass rotary snow plow photos

Date: 06/03/20 03:32
2011 White Pass rotary snow plow photos
Author: mfmalk

Aided by the pandemic stay-at-home guidelines, I just wrapped up a seven week project to rework every image from the 2011 White Pass rotary snow plow event originating in Skagway, Alaska. I have attended so many cool railroad related events; to this day the trip is the pinnacle of anything I have seen or experienced. Don't know if it could ever be topped. But the photographs posted to my website was an embarrassment. A hack job of post-processing. So much so that as of late it's been offline from public viewing. This has changed since the Corona Virus outbreak. I have now brought everything up to my current standards in Photoshop; almost every image file was completely redone from the original file out of the camera. Finally this collection is back online - and I'm very proud of it. Snow higher than the roof of the train. And those mountains... Follow the link below.

Link to Photographs

Enjoy,
Matthew

Date: 06/03/20 04:49
Re: 2011 White Pass rotary snow plow photos
Author: steamfan759

Many thanks for sharing this!   I felt like I was there with you!!

Ron

Date: 06/03/20 11:10
Author: cozephyr

Matthew, I agree your White Pass & Yukon snowplow trip was impressive.  Thanks for sharing your epic adventure.

Date: 06/04/20 03:57

You are most welcome.
Matthew

cozephyr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Matthew, I agree your White Pass & Yukon snowplow
> trip was impressive.  Thanks for sharing your
> epic adventure.

Date: 06/04/20 03:58

Ron,
I appreciate your compliment.
I wish I was there right about now...
Matthew

steamfan759 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Many thanks for sharing this!   I felt like I
> was there with you!!
>
> Ron

Date: 06/04/20 09:10
Author: jtar463

Matthew -
My brother and I were on that trip.  I really agree that it was a trip of a lifetime and probably won't ever be repeated.  I loved looking through your updated photos.  They are truly spectacular and bring back some great memories.  Not only was it a great trip but I made some great friends that I still get together with to get out and railfan.
Thanks so much.
John T

Date: 06/05/20 11:17

Thank you to everyone who left replies here, sent email, and added comments on my webpage. I appreciate it all!

This project of re-Photoshopping all the White Pass images was a lot of work. I really took my time, and enjoyed the process immensely. It kept my mind creative while being in pandemic lockdown. My home state has been hit hard; this was a great distraction and reason to stay indoors. I have another gallery on my website to tackle next, not so much redoing files but rather sequencing to better tell the story.

I look forward to once again chasing steam with my cameras, but in mean time this is my current assignment.

Matthew

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0386 seconds