Home Open Account Help 217 users online

Steam & Excursion > Strasburg #90 is sporting new paint.

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 10/15/20 15:38
Strasburg #90 is sporting new paint.
Author: BKLJ611

Just a heads up, Strasburg 90 has been repainted into the old Strasburg paint scheme with the big red Strasburg oval on the tender. There are several photos floating around on Facebook.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/15/20 16:04
Re: Strasburg #90 is sporting new paint.
Author: Keystone1

Not everybody in this world is on Facebook........I know I'm not.

Date: 10/15/20 17:34
Author: swingnose

Sounds like a personal problem?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/15/20 17:36
Author: ALCO630

Nothing on what I’m assuming is their official page. Where did you see it?

Posted from iPhone

Doug Wetherhold
Macungie, PA

Date: 10/15/20 17:41
Author: callum_out

Hye swingnose, it's not just a personal problem because way more than one person feel the same way about FB.

Out 

Date: 10/15/20 17:42
Author: HotWater

ALCO630 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nothing on what I’m assuming is their official
> page. Where did you see it?

The original poster specifically stated that there were some photos "floating around on facebook". Personally, I will have NOTHING to do with "faceplant", but that must be where the photos are, if in fact said photos are not photshopped.

Date: 10/15/20 17:44
Author: HotWater

callum_out Wrote:
> Hye swingnose, it's not just a personal problem
> because way more than one person feel the same way
> about FB.
>
> Out 

THANK YOU!!!!   My sentiments exactly.

Date: 10/15/20 17:57
Author: up833

So I guess sometimes its better not knowing of things on FB.  Especially if you think it Fake News anyway.There isnt any question on how you guys feel about FB...again.
RB

Date: 10/15/20 19:05
Author: Tominde

I floated around facebook but didn't see any 90 pics in retro.   But was there or is there coming up a photo charter with Pete Lero.  I could see a retro train for the charter.

Date: 10/15/20 21:19
Author: tehachapi-dave

The SRR is running a few private photo charters this weekend with #90 in her original Strasburg Railroad Scheme with the "Eggshell" logo on the tender.  More info can be found here (though tickets have long since sold out) - https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ride/events/photo-event-2020/

Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out

Date: 10/16/20 00:55
Author: ClubCar

tehachapi-dave Wrote:
> The SRR is running a few private photo charters
> this weekend with #90 in her original Strasburg
> Railroad Scheme with the "Eggshell" logo on the
> tender.  More info can be found here (though
> tickets have long since sold out)
> - https://www.strasburgrailroad.com/ride/events/p
> hoto-event-2020/
>
> Tehachapi-TJ Over & Out
Thank you Tehachapi-Dave for this information.  Yes, there are many, many folks whom I know who do not belong to Face Book or many other sites for our own personal reasons.
John in White Marsh, Maryland

Date: 10/16/20 03:23
Author: wcamp1472

Don’t for a minute think that you’re not on FB...

They have a ‘file’ already established under your name from publicly available data...
Credit reports, various sales transactions, log-in activities, previously-hacked corporate accounts, your Zip code, cell phone number, a myriad of data points, etc.

They’ve collected DOB records, drivers’ license, vehicle registrations, voting registrations,
Court records, all that publicly
available data is owned by these
‘data farms’... without your consent or knowledge .... backed-up by
an old Supreme Court ruling giving
data collection firms the right to own
and sell your personal data...
if you’ve ever signed one of those
20-page legal agreements - like a cellphone purchase and access account ...

“ I agree” are two of the most dangerous words you will ever click-on..

You’ve given up your right to privacy, forever.

( the Court ruling was related to who owns your personal data, and whether you should be able to arrange your own sales-terms
to advertising firms... the Court ruled against your private ownership of YOUR valuable data and buying habits and vendors... and gave ownership to the communications firms... as long as you’ve signed/checked the
“I Agree” box)

If you’ve ever gotten a warning that a big data center had been hacked, and that your personal data had been compromised—- there’s probably a FB ( and other social
Media forums) that has an immense collection of your habits and activities —— that data is for sale
by these ‘marketing giants’...

Mostly for targeted advertising purposes..

If you’ve actually joined FB, and filled-in the personal data blanks, anything you’ve entered is at risk, even if you
‘Opt-out’ —— yeah, right!

Welcome to the Brave, New World.

W.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 03:53 by wcamp1472.

Date: 10/16/20 05:54
Author: Worthington_S_A

I love how a post about a cool retro paint scheme has, in the blink of an eye, devolved into a "look at me, look at me, I hate facebook" thread.  Glad folks have Trainorders on which to vent.

Date: 10/16/20 06:48

ALCO630 Wrote:
> Nothing on what I’m assuming is their official
> page. Where did you see it?
>
> Posted from iPhone

The photo was posted in the “American Steam Locomotive Restoration Groups & Projects” group on Facebook. It’s a public group so you should be able to see the post without joining. As for all the complaining about Facebook. I honestly don’t understand. I’d post the photo here but have no computer and can’t post a photo from my phone. Regardless I don’t want to run afoul of the photo rules here as I don’t own the photo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 06:53 by BKLJ611.

Date: 10/16/20 06:57
Author: wcamp1472

Back to number 90....

Years ago, when 90 first arrived at
Strasburg Rail Road, 90 had a chance to stretch its legs on the mainline😃

#90 was on the point of two doubleheader, Steam in the Snow excursions in February 1968.

The Trips originated on the CNJ out of Jersey City pulled by ex-CP
4-6-2, # 1278 on loan to HICO from
Steamtown, Bellows Falls, Vermont.

At Bethlehem, Pa, #90 was added for the trip up and over the mountain to Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
We had some snow on the ground, bitter cold, but Sunny days and a couple of extraordinary photo run-bys.

We ran a duplicate (sold-out) trip the following weekend. 90 did a splendid performance on both trips,
The trains’ customers were treated
To two unforgettable Steam-in-the-snow excursions...

It was, IIRC, the only time while back east, that #90 has ventured out onto the main line... thanks to the Moedingers and the wonderful folks at Strasburg RR—- when ever
I see 90, I fondly remember those
Winter romps in the snow, and how marvelous the two excursion engines performed at track speed!

Long Live 90, I knew her at her best performances... it’s good to see her
Painted up like original Strasburg.

But I still remember her, fresh and glistening at the point of about 20 CNJ coaches, proudly storming up the Lehigh River Gorge, a bright plume of steam hanging in the still, cold air & whistling to the world, those cold winter days..

That’s how I remember 90!

W.

( I have wonderful color photo
By Victor Hand —- and his trusty ladder—— at a photo-runby at Treichler’s Curve on the CNJ of the #90, double header blasting by in the cold, bright day. I smile every time I look at it...)

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 07:05 by wcamp1472.

Date: 10/16/20 07:18
Author: CP8888

This trip originated at Newark Penn Station and stopped at White Haven. I was on the Saturday trip with Bill Bensen.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 07:24 by CP8888.

Date: 10/16/20 08:18
Author: aehouse

To the Facebook haters:  it has many problems, but I use it mostly for railroad-related information.  There are hundreds of modeling and railroad-specific historical groups that publish thousands of photos and features every day. If you can cut through the BS postings, which you can in fact control, there are immense sources of railroad and hobby information there to discover and enjoy.

Art House

Date: 10/16/20 10:14
Author: nathansixchime

You don't need to join Facebook to see Facebok content.

here is the direct link to the photo being discussed: https://www.facebook.com/groups/592620971473657/permalink/847500252652393/

the photo is "public" and therefore shareable. if you click the link and don't have facebook, you'll be prompted to join or login. just click the X to dismiss the window.

attached is a screenshot.

all of these are helpful ways to guide people to the content meant to be discussed.

sincerely,
the 21st century

Date: 10/16/20 11:07

nathansixchime, thanks for the link/photo.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/16/20 11:25
Author: Earlk

No, thanks.  It looked much better as a "real" locomotive.  I thought we had moved past hokey tourist raiilroroad paint jobs.....

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0861 seconds