Home Open Account Help 376 users online

Steam & Excursion > Colorado Springs Trolley Museum

Date: 10/24/20 05:47
Colorado Springs Trolley Museum
Author: cozephyr

Colorado Springs Trolley Museum has several DRGW cars including DRGW caboose 01501.  The DRGW cars are sub lettered Museum of Railway Workers.  22 October 2020 at Roswell north of Colorado Springs, CO.

Their new hours (effective 12 July 2020) are Fridays and Saturdays from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
All visitors must wear masks-- and groups are limited to no more than six people.
Admission fees are: $9 for adults
$7 for seniors

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/24/20 12:56
Re: Colorado Springs Trolley Museum
Author: Locoinsp

I didn't know that there is a trolley museum in Colorado Springs. Definitely will check it out next year when we go out there to visit our son. Thanks for posting the video and photo!

Date: 10/24/20 16:02
Author: ts1457

Locoinsp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I didn't know that there is a trolley museum in
> Colorado Springs. Definitely will check it out
> next year when we go out there to visit our son.
> Thanks for posting the video and photo!

I didn't know either, but it looks like they have some good stuff there.

With all of the PCC's. I am wondering if someone has the ambition of doing a tourist loop. 

Date: 10/25/20 07:48
Author: Milwaukee

The roundhouse (current shop) is former Chicago Rock Island & Pacific. Great to see some Rock history being preserved by using the building for basically what it was originally constructed for over 130 years ago. They apparently have a CRI&P museum in addition to the other equipment don't they?

Date: 10/25/20 19:22
Author: dsrc512

Like a number of museums in various fields, the active volunteer membership is "graying out."  A separate group, using space at the museum, completed restoring a D&RG 3' gauge sleeping car earlier this year.  It has been trucked to the two stall C&TS engine house in Antonito for installation of air brake equipment.  I am a non-active member of the museum.  The opinions expressed are my own, not the organization's.
Alex Huff       

Date: 10/25/20 20:35
Author: dan

This site used to be known as Roswell when it was RI roundhouse, Howard Noble, the guy behind the Cadillac and Lake City railway was the founder I think, he even wanted to use these PCC to run a route in Colo Springs, but that never happened.   The site is where the RI  line joined the DRGW for short trip to downtown springs for the Rocky Mountain Rocket.

Date: 10/26/20 04:03
Author: cozephyr

Appreciate the responses to my Colorado Springs Trolley Museum post.  The museum is tucked into an industrial area with no info signs off nearby I-25 to inform visitors of its existence.  Roswell, CO, 22 October 2020.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1537 seconds