Home Open Account Help 209 users online

Steam & Excursion > Audio: 630 meets 630

Date: 03/02/21 11:41
Audio: 630 meets 630
Author: MaryMcPherson

The late Brad Miller of Mobile Fidelity was known for his "edit room dispatcher" recordings, so I figured I'd go ahead and join that club.

Here are a pair of recordings of Southern Railway 2-8-0 #630 running unassisted on the mainline during Railfest, 2013.  The trains were running between the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and the wye at Cleveland, Tennessee.

The first part of finds the last train of the weekend charging past on the return to Chattanooga at Tucker Springs, Tennessee.  After the train passes, here comes 630 again in a recording made the day before at the Pine Hill Road crossing west of McDonald, Tennessee.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/02/21 13:45
Re: Audio: 630 meets 630
Author: Goalieman

Great job Mary!! Thanks for posting!!

Mark V
“The Fort” in Indiana

Posted from iPhone

Date: 03/03/21 17:53
Author: zoohogger

Well done. Of course Brad didn't have a computer in the early days.
I was so disappointed when I learned that Brad Miller didn't just happen to record steam in a thunderstorm or the meeting of SP passenger trains at Tehachapi. 
It was a LIE. although, it sure sounded good.
Kinda the same feeling as finding out that the tooth fairly was really one of Santa's elves that was moonlighting.

Rick Z

Date: 03/05/21 21:38
Author: coach

Whatever happened to all of Brad's recordings???  They are. RR and national treasure, in my opinion.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds