Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Steam & Excursion > 2022 FEBT Fundraiser nearing its goal.... and quick!

Date: 12/03/21 18:12
2022 FEBT Fundraiser nearing its goal.... and quick!
Author: MH2198

Just about 2 months in and the $100k goal is in sight! For more information, visit https://febt.org/fundraiser/ and consider donating. Your donation will go towards various projects, and to name one in particular, to aid in the extension of EBT operations south of Rockhill Furnace to Saltillo. This will see the first trains operate outside of the tourist-era trackage for the first time since 1956.

Date: 12/04/21 04:14
Re: 2022 FEBT Fundraiser nearing its goal.... and quick!
Author: steamfan759

I rejoined the FEBT in 2020 after the railroad was granted a new life.  I recently sent in my donation for 2022 and I was more than happy to do it.  We took my grandson out to the EBT last spring for one of the Easter trains and we had a great time.  I could not believe all the progress on restoring the right of way and you can see how your donations are being used.  I cannot wait to get back out there when steam finally returns!   Please send in your donations so that the progress can continue!

Ron

Date: 12/04/21 04:55
Author: PlyWoody

What most don't maybe know is that all this is separate contributions in addition to being a member of the Friends of the East Broad Top RR.  There are now 1610 members who pay the annual dues and receive the wonderful e-mail 10-page monthly news letter with color photos.  PLUS all member receive the award winning TIMBER TRANSFER magazine which had historical research and also modeling articles.  These magazines and newsletter are such a valuable asset, the dues are well worth the costs.  And then you have the opportunity with membership to join a work session with many other fans with the same interest and can really make a difference.  The work have been going on for years and most of the shop complex is stable but there are now many hopper cars that need a coat of paint, and coaches to rebuild.  The project of clearing the brush and woods off the right of way is most rewarding as track cars then get access.  As work  progresses, the rail is set aside and ground bull dozed and cleared so new ties are laid out and rails installed.  Then the army of track worker can drill the holes and set the spikes and the air hammers move in to drive the spike to almost touching the rail.  The next rail is gauged and spiked by another crew.  If there are more workers, four crews can be worked by each doing every other tie.  In this case it is safer and faster to keep work parties in separation positions.  And then the competition between groups begins for the fun of it.  Can you imagine the joy being a volunteer when the track reaches the Pouge bridge and it receives the new bridge deck of timber?    BECOME A MEMBER AND JOIN THE 1610 PRESENT MEMBER AND YOU WILL REALLY HELP THIS WONDERFUL RARE PROJECT.   

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/21 05:02 by PlyWoody.

Date: 12/04/21 06:13
Author: co614

Great project and very worthy of your support. It will undoubtedly be THE preservation project of the decade and maybe the century. I have it on excellent authority that the sounds of steam will soon fill the air throughout EBT country !!!

Onward & upward, Ross Rowland 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.041 seconds