Where is Loggerhogger? MIA since 12/22
Author: CarolVoss

?????????????????

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 01/03/22 19:54
Re: Where is Loggerhogger? MIA since 12/22
Author: needles_sub

Perhaps enjoing the holiday with family and friends.
There really is more to life than Trainorders.

Posted from Android

Date: 01/03/22 19:57
Author: flash34

He's been on FB every day including today.

Date: 01/04/22 02:18
Author: norm1153

But it 's good to see you, Carol!

Date: 01/04/22 22:22
Author: up833

Sometimes when one brings good news about old steamers there are those that want to shoot the messenger.. Gets old.
RB

Date: 01/05/22 05:25
Author: BAB

CarolVoss Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ?????????????????

Looks like he is enjoying posting on FB and not here. Am sure he has reasons and has chosen not to share them possibly. His life his decision.

Date: 01/05/22 09:14
Author: SP9800

up833 Wrote:
> Sometimes when one brings good news about old
> steamers there are those that want to shoot the
> messenger.. Gets old.
> RB

Isn't that the truth.  I thought his news of the Kepner collection being sold to OCSR was the best possible outcome for but others, like KMiddlebrook, seemed to use the opportunity to call Martin to the mat.  I suppose we can thank him if he drove away the number one reason for having a Trainorders subscription- Martin's daily posts to start my day!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/22 14:20 by SP9800.

Date: 01/05/22 12:00
Author: callum_out

Martin is our version of Donald Trump. you either love him or hate him, but if it's not hard to appreciate what
he brings to the table. That's as diplomatic as I'm gonna get!

Out 

Date: 01/05/22 12:47
Author: PlyWoody

Does his FB post tell of him working on the movement of the Oregon Coast RR?  Usually when he is being Logger Hogger he puts off his posts till later.  Based on the time he usually post, how does he ever get some sleep?   Letter size is for vision, not volume, on my screen.

Date: 01/05/22 13:33
Author: cbk

Where is Carol? Bakersfield? That new. Good to see you posting,

Date: 01/05/22 13:48
Author: cc51

I miss his interesting posts and some of the more obscure operations he presents. He is most generous in sharing his collection with us all. Looking forward to seeing him back here.

Date: 01/05/22 13:51
Author: CarolVoss

cbk Wrote:
> Where is Carol? Bakersfield? That new. Good to see
> you posting,

Tx. Moved here last May to be near son and his family.

Carol Voss
Bakersfield, CA

Date: 01/05/22 21:26
Author: danf

Martin's posts are the main reason I check out the steam board on a daily basis. I hope he decides to continue with the daily posts. If not, I understand.

Date: 01/06/22 19:14
Author: MC6853

After going back and reading those Fred Kepner posts in detail, frankly I'm not surprised he's stopped posting here...

Date: 01/06/22 20:13
Author: ajax247

Martin has done us all an incredible service. 

Looking forward to his return. And next book!!!

Date: 01/07/22 12:43
Author: choodude

I have to admit that as a retired Amtrak Maintenance Of Way Employee, the constant bashing of my former employer gets old.

Many of the bashers OBVIOUSLY have no clue what the Construction Industry is up against - both from Human and Mother Nature influence.

I know from many years experience that the POLITICAL Climate has forced Amtrak to make economic decisions that are HELL in the long run. For Example -- there's NO reason a person at the Supervisor level would be justified in becoming a Manager. PERIOD!!!!!! Yea, you saved a wooden nickel. GFYS!

Not a single one of the Armchair Experts has EVER shared how they contacted their Political Representation to help change the future.

I do find that my visits to this website are longer apart. I'm comfortably $$$ retired, but it's getting to the point that I'd rather spend the few dollars that membership costs on Pizza and Booze.

With the current popularity of being RUDE in public apparently making America Great, I don't know what Todd can do. I don't think he will miss my forty bucks, but . . .

Brian

Date: 01/07/22 14:26
Author: sixbit

I hope Martin's posts return as well. I can't imagine turning to Facebook as an alternative. I tried it once, and swore off it!

Martin's career was as an attorney. Much of my career was working with attorneys and they - at least professionally - were pretty thick skinned. So, I would imagine any perceived insults he got on this site would be troubling but should he want to he'd be alble to shake them off.

We may never know why Martin apparently "pulled the pin" and uncoupled from this consist, but let's keep our fingers crossed that he'll return, just like Skookum!

John Mills

Date: 01/08/22 19:02
Author: Hillcrest

He is posting on facebook, and rather prolifically I might add. Interestingly, a great deal of the response he receives is from people with names I recognize from the preservation world, generally adding to his posts with their knowledge of or personal experience with the pictured locomotive....Hmmmm. A dry January of sorts here on TO?

Cheers, Dave

Date: 01/09/22 11:52
Author: LocoPilot750

Sad to say, but things are evolving, Facebook "Groups" have taken the place of forums like this one. Right now there are 230 people or "users" online here plus probably some on their phones, that I've heard can't be counted, On some of the group l I belong to, there are thousands, or tens of thousands posting interesting stuff you might have an interest in readding, like Martin's post & photos.  99 percent of facebook activity anymore is groups, not just telling people where you are or where you went. Some of the groups I belong to have to do with things I collect, from Locomotive whistles and bells, to presentation lanterns, dozens of steam locomotive groups, to switch keys & what have you. I belong to groups for RAM  truck owners, powered parachutes, Yellow Tom cats,  several other hobbies. I do it all on my phone from where ever I'm at, and don't have to run home to the office and check for anything on a big clunky tempermental old school desktop that needs replacing. If I get a response or a new post comes in that I might be interested in, it notifies me. It has a "Marketplace"now, you can sell or buy whatever you want out of hundreds of catagories,  which is giving ebay a run for it's money. Last year just for the hell of it, I searched for "Locomotive bell" on FB Marketplace and ended up in Omaha, purchasing a nickel plated Union Pacific 5 chime Star presentation whistle. Facebook & others have evolved too, and they have become dominant in a lot of ways. 

Date: 01/09/22 16:46
Author: Mgoldman

sixbit Wrote:
> I hope Martin's posts return as well. I can't
> imagine turning to Facebook as an alternative. I
> tried it once, and swore off it!

The dark side!  I too hope to see Martin, and his
numerous posts return to TO's.  Facebook is a
good way to reach a big audience, I get it.  I also
get that sending out a "Happy Holiday's" greeting
by text is a method of reaching a lot of people too! 

I suppose at this point in time, Martin's FB friends
list actually contains quite a few "real" friends, if
not TO's friends, as well.

/Mitch

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0839 seconds