Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Steam & Excursion > New “hip” UP spokesman?

Date: 05/04/22 12:08
New “hip” UP spokesman?
Author: Copy19

Yesterday I was reading an interesting story on-line in the Wyoming Tribune Eagle about the donation  of locomotives and cars to the group in Silvis, IL.  It quoted a UP spokesman who assured that donation was not  prelude to the demise of the steam program despite what some railfans are posting on the internet.  This surprised me as I haven't seen much proactive PR from UP for some time.  It also surprised me that someone in Omaha HQ is reading rail internet sites.

I am not familiar with this man and assume he is new to the PR staff.  His name has a peculiar spelling and I can't go back and check the spelling because the story is blocked to me unless I subscribe to the paper.  His name is something like Mike Jackson although "Jackson" was spelled differently.  Anyone have info on him?  I don't have any close contacts downtown in headquarters anymore I can ask.

JB - Omaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/22 12:49 by Copy19.

Date: 05/04/22 12:14
Re: New “hip” UP spokesman?
Author: Spoony81

Date: 05/04/22 12:57
Author: co614

WARNING.........behind a paywall. Ross Rowland 

Date: 05/04/22 12:59

co614 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WARNING.........behind a paywall. Ross Rowland 

I don't subscribe to that paper and I had no issues reading the article

Date: 05/04/22 13:06

Copy19 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Spoony81 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > co614 Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > WARNING.........behind a paywall. Ross
> > Rowland 
> >
> > I don't subscribe to that paper and I had no
> > issues reading the article
>
> I frequently check that paper for UP news and have
> no problem reading articles on my first look but
> it won't let go back and read an article a second
> time.
>
> JB - Omaha

The 4th time I clicked on it I finally got the subscriber warning. There are ways around that though

Date: 05/04/22 16:48
Author: LocoPilot750

I was able to read it completely the first time I clicked it. It might be because I already pay a subscription for my local paper, so I can see if I made the obituaries yet.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/04/22 18:38
Author: PHall

Most news sites give you three free looks before they lock you out unless you decide to start paying.

Date: 05/04/22 20:05
Author: RailRat

We’ve been trying to streamline our operations,” noted Mike Jaixen, a spokesperson for U.P. “We realized that we do not need as big of a fleet as we had” of older train equipment, he said. RRHMA “was a group that was able to find a use for them.”

Mike Jaixen.

Jim Baker
Riverside, CA

Date: 05/05/22 05:21
Author: Bob3985

The Tribune called me at the UPHS office one day and interviewed me about the announcement by UP of their donation of the equipment to the RRHMA.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 05/08/22 14:02
Author: Copy19

Thanks. I remember him. He was in IT back in my time.  I thought he spelled his last name "Jackson".   My bad.  He's a good guy.

JB - Omaha

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/22 14:05 by Copy19.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0485 seconds