Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Steam & Excursion > SP Pacific 2467 Just After Coming Out Of The Park In Oakland

Date: 05/17/22 08:37
SP Pacific 2467 Just After Coming Out Of The Park In Oakland
Author: FiveChime

Locomotive was restored by the Pacific Locomotive Association and operated to Sacramento.
This area, under the freeway in Oakland is now Homeless Central for Northern California.
2467 now on display at CSRM in Sacramento.
Regards, Jim Evans

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/22 08:40 by FiveChime.

Date: 05/17/22 10:31
Re: SP Pacific 2467 Just After Coming Out Of The Park In Oakland
Author: sawdust

Thanks for posting. 

Do you have any information about the photo?

Date: 05/17/22 10:40
Author: dmaffei

2467 is in good company at the Sac RR museum. 4294 and the SP stained glass window from the Oakland Mole

Date: 05/17/22 10:58
Author: BoilingMan

I remember there were some (2?) heavyweight passenger cars in the park too.   I imagine they all came out  at the same time.   What were they- and where are they now?
Thanks
SR

Date: 05/17/22 11:04
Author: Frisco1522

Why did she end up at CSRM?  I thought she was operating?

Date: 05/17/22 11:50
Author: dmaffei

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why did she end up at CSRM?  I thought she was
> operating?

I believe it needs drive axle bearing work. PLA member can elaborate. I like the "no frills" dress on the 2467. 

Date: 05/17/22 12:47
Author: PHall

She's on a track that connects to the turntable so she is not trapped inside. She can be moved to the shop for work when they decide they have the time, money and materials to do the job.

Date: 05/17/22 13:10
Author: up421

The heavyweight observation car, (SP 121 Western) is at the Niles Canyon Railway.

Link to their page about the Western: https://www.ncry.org/about/collection/passenger/southern-pacific-121/

There was a heavyweight coach  and a heavyweight baggage car in the park as well.  Both were from the WP and went to the museum at Rio Vista, California.

Hope this helps.

Bob

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I remember there were some (2?) heavyweight
> passenger cars in the park too.   I imagine they
> all came out  at the same time.   What were
> they- and where are they now?
> Thanks
> SR

Date: 05/17/22 14:13
Author: RRBMail

Ah 4294 again. I had the ORIGINAL builder's plate. I offered it to the museum if only they would put my name on the donors bronze Roll of Honor. The ones on the loco are well known reproductions. The museum replied that they would only except my donation if I included $5000 in cash as well. Well, I'm not a rich man and if I were I would not be giving my money to the State of California with its $95 billion budget surplus. It turned out okay though, I sold the original plate for thousands to a noted collector. Soon thereafter, the museum replaced their bronze Roll of Honor with three flickering TV monitors with the donors' names on continuous rolling screens. BTW, the new TV "rolls of honor" are elegantly placed between the Mens' and Ladys' toilets! If one has money to donate I'd give it to the Bay Area Railway Museum at Rio Vista CA or the Nevada State Railroad museum in Carson City, NV, they are very nice people. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/17/22 18:08 by RRBMail.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0686 seconds