Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Steam & Excursion > C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.


Date: 06/17/22 04:35
C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

C&TSRR Locomotive 489.
Locomotive 489 Will Be Going To Antonito Today. 06-16-22
Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad
Please Reserve Early: https://cumbrestoltec.com/

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/22 04:35 by Wacky-roger1942.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 06/17/22 07:10
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: mcdeo

Thanks for sharing. Looks like they moved from an air operated bell to a hand one. I know the engineer used to have an air value to operate the bell from the right hand seat, but looking like that's not an option anymore. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO



Date: 06/17/22 07:16
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: goneon66

great video.  thanks for posting..........

66

 



Date: 06/17/22 07:40
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

mcdeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing. Looks like they moved from an
> air operated bell to a hand one. I know the
> engineer used to have an air value to operate the
> bell from the right hand seat, but looking like
> that's not an option anymore. 

The best I can remember the fireman always has done it by hand. I sure can be wrong about this.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



Date: 06/17/22 07:40
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

goneon66 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> great video.  thanks for posting..........
>
> 66
>
>  

Thank you for your nice comment.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



Date: 06/17/22 07:59
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Cumbresfan

Just loved this video Roger! Great to see switching movement and life in the yard. I suspect most of those folks seen were Friends members there to work on projects.

Today is a very good day to move the engine. This afternoon and tonight and for the next three to four days, the long awaited monsoon rains will provide the much needed moisture. They may be heavy enough so that the MOW folks may have to remove some mud and rock from the tracks. Finally some precipitation will be here to water the landscape.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/22 08:00 by Cumbresfan.



Date: 06/17/22 08:23
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

Cumbresfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just loved this video Roger! Great to see
> switching movement and life in the yard. I suspect
> most of those folks seen were Friends members
> there to work on projects.
>
> Today is a very good day to move the engine. This
> afternoon and tonight and for the next three to
> four days, the long awaited monsoon rains will
> provide the much needed moisture. They may be
> heavy enough so that the MOW folks may have to
> remove some mud and rock from the tracks. Finally
> some precipitation will be here to water the
> landscape.

Thanks for your kind post. The move was yesterday and all went well. We are looking forward to rain this weekend.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/22 09:51 by Wacky-roger1942.



Date: 06/17/22 09:42
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Mudrock

Roger fantastic in cab video with your go pro. Keep up your most excellent work.


Chris



Date: 06/17/22 09:51
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

Mudrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Roger fantastic in cab video with your go pro.
> Keep up your most excellent work.
>
>
> Chris

Thank you Chris.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



Date: 06/17/22 11:32
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Earlk

mcdeo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks for sharing. Looks like they moved from an
> air operated bell to a hand one. I know the
> engineer used to have an air value to operate the
> bell from the right hand seat, but looking like
> that's not an option anymore. 

The valve and plumbing for the bell ringer is still there.  The valve is just to the left of the oil cans.

We always used used the air ringer.



Date: 06/17/22 12:30
Re: C&TSRR Locomotive 489. engineer.
Author: Wacky-roger1942

Earlk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mcdeo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks for sharing. Looks like they moved from
> an
> > air operated bell to a hand one. I know the
> > engineer used to have an air value to operate
> the
> > bell from the right hand seat, but looking like
> > that's not an option anymore. 
>
> The valve and plumbing for the bell ringer is
> still there.  The valve is just to the left of
> the oil cans.
>
> We always used used the air ringer.

Thanks for the information.

Roger Hogan
Chama, NM
Train Stuff



[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0609 seconds