Home Open Account Help 263 users online

Steam & Excursion > Frisco 1522 excursion, 1988. (pt. 2)

Date: 08/05/22 12:43
Frisco 1522 excursion, 1988. (pt. 2)
Author: hank

More of my video from October 22, 1988 of the Frisco 1522 excursion from St. Louis, Missouri to Decatur, Illinois.  First clip continues along the Mississippi river front on the TRRA track and the approach to the Merchants bridge.  Second clip crossing the Mississippi river on the Merchants bridge.

Thanks for viewing.

Ron Hirsch
Springfield, Mo.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/05/22 13:06
Re: Frisco 1522 excursion, 1988. (pt. 2)
Author: Frisco1522

We were on the NS again on a trip to Centralia IL, where we took over and took the train down the BN main to Sesser to turn the train.  We had more cars than the Decatur trip.
Saturday trip, we got a red signal where the two legs of the bridge approach joins tracks.  I got Jack Taylor squared away on using the booster and our awesome gal walked away up that grade with that big train.  Wish/hope somebody got that on tape.   She never tried to slip at all.

Date: 08/06/22 07:38
Author: LTCerny

Thanks for sharing.  Great videos of 1522 climbimg the grade up to the Mississippi bridge.  Would love to see the videos taken by the guy in the white hi-rail running ahead of the 1522 on the other track.

Date: 08/07/22 11:09
Author: MaryMcPherson

Frisco1522 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Saturday trip, we got a red signal where the two
> legs of the bridge approach joins tracks.  I got
> Jack Taylor squared away on using the booster and
> our awesome gal walked away up that grade with
> that big train.  Wish/hope somebody got that on
> tape.   She never tried to slip at all.

Got it.

Mary McPherson
Dongola, IL
Diverging Clear Productions

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0296 seconds