Home Open Account Help 239 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4449 Calendar?

Date: 11/26/22 07:45
4449 Calendar?
Author: BoilingMan

I just heard the Friends will not be offering a 2023 Calendar- is this true? If not, why not?
What happened?
Thanks
SR

Date: 11/26/22 09:02
Re: 4449 Calendar?
Author: HotWater

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just heard the Friends will not be offering a
> 2023 Calendar- is this true?

Yes.

If not, why not?

Simply became way too expensive to produce.

> What happened?

Ever rising publication/printing costs.

> Thanks
> SR

Date: 11/26/22 09:49
Author: Elesco

If you have saved your old calendars, you can visit the site listed below and look up past calendars that match days and dates with whatever year you're interested in.  I'm sure there are other websites that do the same thing, but this one is a good example:

https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/repeating.html?year=2023

For example, 2023 is matched by calendars from 2017, 2006, 1995 and so on.

I find that after 8 or 10 years, I'm ready to look at the same pictures again.  And sometimes the older calendars with steam photos are better than recent ones, probably because the world is running out of vintage steam photos that haven't already been published.

Date: 11/26/22 10:18
Author: RuleG

For those who are SP fans and would settle for one calendar photo of a GS4, consider the Southern Pacific calendars being offered by Steamscenes and Tidemark.  Both of their 2023 SP calendars have a photo of a GS4, albeit not 4449.  Diesel locomotives comprise the majority of both calendars' images, but other steam locomotives are included, too.

Steamscenes The Friendly Southern Pacific Calendar:

https://www.steamengines.ca/Trains/Steam-trains/NILS-HUXTABLE-Steamscenes-2022-train-Calendars/

(Available from Steamscenes, California State Railroad Museum, Daylightsales, Perry's Hobbies in Minnesota and other sellers)

Tidemark Southern Pacific Class Rail Images Calendar:

https://tide-mark.com/product/southern-pacific-railroad-2023-wall-calendar/

(Available from Tide-Mark, California State Railroad Museum, Perry's Hobbies in Minnesota and other sellers)

I have always felt that Steamscenes' SP calendars were top notch.  For a change of pace I am opting for the Steamscenes' Canadian Trains Through the Years 2023 Calendar. 

Date: 11/26/22 12:06
Author: BlaineM

Maybe that is what I will do with the many years of Union Pacific calendarsI have collected.  Go through them and match them the corresponding years.  I'm 90 now so that would last my remaining years.
Blaine
American Fork

Date: 11/26/22 18:44
Author: ProAmtrak

I can understand Jack's answer though, I got a few of those and I hope to cherish them forever, she was the 1ST Mainline Steam Engine I saw and she'll always be my no. 1 Favorite Steam Locomotive!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0443 seconds