Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Steam & Excursion > D&DR's Toys for Tots train on the Washington Secondary

Date: 12/04/22 14:57
D&DR's Toys for Tots train on the Washington Secondary
Author: Pattenburg

On Sunday, Dover & Delaware River (DDR) ran their annual Toys for Tots train on the Washington Secondary. This trip would start out from their Rockport Yard east of Port Murray. Before starting west, D&DR’s crew took time to spiff up DRRV 2006 (Photo 1). It was built in November, 1967 as C&O 3870. Leaving Rockport, I headed down to the train’s first stop at Port Murray. Upon seeing how crowded it was I opted for the Trans load facility in Washington to wait for the train. After parking my truck I was surprised to see who pulled in next to me. It was none other than Santa and Mrs. Claus. (Photo 2). They would board the train here before proceeding to the next scheduled stop in Washington. As to how they got here, it wasn’t a sleigh but a minivan Mrs Claus drove! Once the Claus’s were on board the train passed through the former BASF yard (Photo 3) before stopping in Washington’s Borough Park.

Date: 12/04/22 14:58
Re: D&DR's Toys for Tots train on the Washington Secondary
Author: Pattenburg

Its next stop would be Warren Street grade crossing in Stewartsville. The extra flag was on 2006 as it passed through the BASF Yard. However when I photographed it at Richline Road (Photo 4), that flag had evidently fallen off. The final photo of the day for me was taken at the Rosenberry Street grade crossing (Photo 5) as it made its way for the last stop of the day at Phillipsburg PU Tower. By that time clouds were coming in making me call it a day.

Date: 12/04/22 17:14
Re: D&DR's Toys for Tots train on the Washington Secondary
Author: Passfanatic

Nice shots!! It looks like the TFT train on the Dover & Delaware River RR has really reduced-down to one engine, a private passenger rail car and a boxcar. I heard that many people were distributing gifts-good for them. It's possible that I'll be giving a gift to and checking out the TFT train on the Susie Q on 12/10. It will be interesting to see how many cars and engines the train on the Susie Q will be on 12/10.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds