Home Open Account Help 346 users online

Steam & Excursion > ORHC - Turntable update - pivot

Date: 02/03/23 12:24
ORHC - Turntable update - pivot
Author: asheldrake

Today Omega Morgan crews placed the turntable pivot on the pedestal using the pictured crane.   While I was greatly disappointed that I arrived too late for the placement, at least I got to see the crane before it left.   Another milestone!        Arlen

Date: 02/03/23 13:22
Re: ORHC - Turntable update - pivot
Author: cozephyr

Thanks for your timely turntable construction updates.  Appreciate what you've shared with us.

Date: 02/03/23 15:52
Author: ChrisCampi

Did they pull the fork lift out while they had the crane set up?

Date: 02/03/23 19:23
Author: Jsporseen

I took the last picture in the 1/31/23 post.  Maybe somebody can find something in it to compare with the picture above of the covered mechanism.  I can't quite tell if the fotk lift is still there or not.  I might be able to if I knew where the photographer (Arlen, I assume) was standing.  I consider Arlen a friend and have bugged him so often about different ORHF related things that I'm a little reluctant to bug him about this.

Date: 02/03/23 19:40

For those who are interested, the crane has apparently finished it's job and moved to an open area across Water Street from the ORHC.  The buil\ding on the right is The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry and the multicolored structure on the left is a Portland streetcar operators restroom facility or an electrical facility.  There are two building and I'm not quite sure which is which as I've not really paid attention to that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/23 15:43 by Jsporseen.

Date: 02/05/23 12:59

ChrisCampi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did they pull the fork lift out while they had the
> crane set up?

Looking at the two pics, one Panoramic view, and the other just a straight photo the answer to the above question is yes, they did pull out the fork lift.  Picture was taken at about 11:00 this morning.

It's sitting up by the corner of the building.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/23 15:35 by Jsporseen.

Date: 02/05/23 15:42

I would assume they will pour/place the concrete in the spokes OR start filling in around the outside with the crushed concrete that has been discussed before.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0444 seconds