Home Open Account Help 176 users online

Steam & Excursion > ORHC - Bridge Being Moved

Date: 03/23/23 13:25
ORHC - Bridge Being Moved
Author: Jsporseen

First Video - being moved out from the side of the ORHC - sorry about the shakiness in the first part but I finally figured out a way to brace my hands when reaching through the fence.
Second Video - being adjusted into the correct position alongside the pit
Picture - straight across to where preparations are being made to put it in the pit

I didn't think I would even be able to be there for this but was there for about 30 minutes AND THEN HAD TO LEAVE.
IF ANYBODY IS ABLE TO TAKE ANY PICTURES OR VIDEOS DURING THE REST OF THE DAY TODAY OR TOMORROW, FEEL FREE TO POST THEM ON THIS THREAD OR START A NEW THREAD.  I'M GOING TO TRY TO GET BACK SATURDAY TO SEE WHAT ELSE HAS BEEN ACCOMPLSHED.

I know that there are dozens of things that still will have to be done but I'm really anxious to see what it will look like when the power arch, electrical slip ring, control cabin and fencing on the sides of the bridge are added.  It may some day look like a modernized version of the Brooklyn TT.  Lead tracks, fencing circle, feather tracks, new walkways, etc., will come i

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/23/23 13:35
Re: ORHC - Bridge Being Moved
Author: wabash2800

Sorry If I missed it, but what is the length on the turntable?

Victor Baird

Date: 03/23/23 13:40
Author: HotWater

wabash2800 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sorry If I missed it, but what is the length on
> the turntable?
>
> Victor Baird

One hundred feet.

Date: 03/23/23 14:46
Author: Jsporseen

It's interesting that the 700 is 111 feet long and the 4449 is 110 feet so they both hang over the ends of the TT bridge.  They have been on it at Brooklyn so it works.  Causes the outer circular viewing fence to have to be set back a ways but that is the way it is.

JOHN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/23 17:36 by Jsporseen.

Date: 03/23/23 17:52
Author: HotWater

Jsporseen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's interesting that the 700 is 111 feet long and
> the 4449 is 110 feet so they both hang over the
> ends of the TT bridge.  They have been on it at
> Brooklyn so it works.  Causes the outer circular
> viewing fence to have to be set back a ways but
> that is the way it is.
>
> JOHN

Correct, i.e the "wheel base" of both SP&S 700 and SP 4449 is just slightly less than 100 feet. Thus from the rear tender truck wheel to the front engine truck wheel, is under 100 feet, they both fit nicely on the 10 foot turntable.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds