Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam marching on into the night

Date: 05/24/23 09:51
Steam marching on into the night
Author: nathansixchime

In what has become a new yearly tradition, Nickel Plate Road steam locomotive no. 765 left the Norfolk Southern mainline in Montpelier, Ohio and arrived at the doorstep of the Indiana Northeastern Railroad Company in the very early hours of May 24th, 2023. The appearance heralds the start of the Indiana Rail Experience, which includes 30 days of historic steam and diesel-powered excursions with an open-air car, open vestibules, photo runbys, and more. The event's partial consist here includes a newly constructed head-end power car constructed by the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/23 09:52 by nathansixchime.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 05/24/23 10:52
Re: Steam marching on into the night
Author: wabash2800

Nice Video Kelly.

Montpelier has died as a railroad town (at one time a Division Point for the Wabash). But perhaps there were some who remembered those days and were pleasantly awakened to the sound of  a steam whistle that morning?

Kelly:  Incidentally, though I have been approached twice now by people with the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society to allow the society to sell my Railroading on the Wabash Fourth District book, there has been no follow-up. By selling my book to the society at a 40% off dealer discount, it would be a profitable deal for the society. I have also offered to deliver the books personally at no charge.  Because the book covers much of what is now Indiana Northeastern and where the excursion trains run, it's more of a loss for those folks that visit the area to ride the trains, who never see the book. I only have two cases left, but they will sell regardless. But I don't do consignment. The books are all numbered and I can sign them too if requested.

Victor Baird
Erstwhile Publications

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/23 11:16 by wabash2800.

Date: 05/24/23 12:36
Author: co614

Congrats Kelly to your team for all you do to keep the midwest steam flame burning brightly. Very evocative video. Here's wishing you a successful operating season with max. revenues and no issues.

Ross Rowland 

Date: 05/24/23 16:26
Author: tomstp

Nice exhaust from the berk.

Date: 05/24/23 17:12
Author: wcamp1472

"The event's partial consist here includes a newly constructed head-end power car constructed by the Fort Wayne Railroad Historical Society."

I was impressed and pleased that a HEP car was constructed and 
is now in the train.

Congratulations on a successful project.

W.

Date: 05/24/23 17:14
Author: Cumbresfan

If you have not seen the #765 video at this TO link you must -
Start with an evening thunderstorm, bright lightning, rain becoming a downpour, opposing signals showing red and in the distance a Mars light approaching. #765 is at speed with fully lit passenger cars blowing for a crossing as lightning backlights it. The most spectacular night video of this engine or any engine I have seen, comments call it a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10!

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10,4322449,4324484#msg-4324484

Date: 05/24/23 17:19
Author: wp1801

Wow!

Date: 05/24/23 17:23
Author: HotWater

Cumbresfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you have not seen the #765 video at this TO
> link you must -
> Start with an evening thunderstorm, bright
> lightning, rain becoming a downpour, opposing
> signals showing red and in the distance a Mars
> light approaching. #765 is at speed with fully lit
> passenger cars blowing for a crossing as lightning
> backlights it. The most spectacular night video of
> this engine or any engine I have seen, comments
> call it a 15 on a scale of 1 to 10!
>
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?10
> ,4322449,4324484#msg-4324484

Although visually stunning, in my opinion, videos of steam locomotives taken at road crossings, tend to "blot out" the sound of the exhaust, as in this video.

Date: 05/25/23 03:16
Author: Wolfman

765 and it's whistle always sends chills up my spine, especially at night! And in the rain ! Awesome!!

Date: 05/26/23 18:01
Author: ns1000

Thanks for the video....

Date: 05/28/23 09:58
Author: donner_dude1

Steam in a night setting. Perfect. Thanks for the video. 

Date: 05/29/23 12:35
Author: ProAmtrak

Way to go Kelly, if they do this next year I might head out to check it out myself!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0951 seconds