Home Open Account Help 184 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam Locomotive Being Hauled on Highway in Baltimore County

Date: 07/03/23 19:02
Steam Locomotive Being Hauled on Highway in Baltimore County
Author: LU1865

I saw this steam locomotive being hauled on 695 West in Baltimore County yesterday. Any idea on the history?

Date: 07/03/23 19:47
Re: Steam Locomotive Being Hauled on Highway in Baltimore County
Author: boejoe

Porter name clearly visible on the cylinder.  Link and pin coupler at pilot.  Specs shown on the attachment for post #2 as standard gauge.  Water tank atop boiler looks in better condition than the cab.  Wonder if restoration efforts were already underway elsewhere.  Hope more info forthcoming from others.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/23 06:22 by boejoe.

Date: 07/03/23 21:09
Author: Evan_Werkema

Looks like it might be this guy: https://www.steamlocomotive.info/vlocomotive.cfm?Display=1403

The comments indicate it was listed for sale on Ozark Mountain Railcar's site late last year.

Date: 07/04/23 08:48
Author: Macster

I wonder if Stathi bought another one to go with the Chiggen

Date: 07/04/23 09:36
Author: LU1865

Thank you everyone for the responses.  It was random luck to see it, and it's not every day you see a steam locomotive going down the highway!

Date: 07/05/23 21:45
Author: Hillcrest

If that's a Chiggen II, I bet the driver gets an education on load securement when it gets there...ask how I know.

Cheers, Dave

Date: 07/08/23 13:11
Author: rrman6

Hoping there was more than that wire cable holding the water tank to the frame.  Guess with all the other strapping she made it in one piece!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0334 seconds