Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Steam & Excursion > CP 2816 Schedule is Out...

Date: 01/31/24 11:11
CP 2816 Schedule is Out...
Author: markyk

https://www.cpkcr.com/en/community/final-spike-steam-train

let the planning begin......where will you try to catch it?

Date: 01/31/24 11:29
Re: CP 2816 Schedule is Out...
Author: RutledgeRadio

I sure hope they give a more detailed schedule as the dates get closer, and I wonder why there’s so much down time in between stops…for example, it takes less than a day to get from Davenport to Kansas City, not a week. Going to be somewhat difficult knowing what days it’ll be moving if nothing else is announced…

Date: 01/31/24 11:51
Author: DRGW483

I agree more details would be helpful.

I would suspect that, for example, we would see one day from KC to Pittsburg, then another day to Heavner, and then another day to Shreveport. But a schedule would be nice.

The next question is what about the return trip?

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/31/24 12:46
Author: Elesco

RutledgeRadio Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I sure hope they give a more detailed schedule as
> the dates get closer, and I wonder why there’s
> so much down time in between stops…for example,
> it takes less than a day to get from Davenport to
> Kansas City, not a week. Going to be somewhat
> difficult knowing what days it’ll be moving if
> nothing else is announced…

According to the website shown in the opening post, the cities listed are the locations of extended stops where the locomotive will be on display and there will be other activities for the public:

Public events will be held in multiple cities across the network, kicking off in Calgary on April 24. Steam tour events will be held in Moose Jaw, Minot, St. Paul, Franklin Park, Davenport, Kansas City, Shreveport, and Laredo. At these stops, the public will have the opportunity to see the 2816 up close, learn more about the locomotive and CPKC’s history and enjoy the Puffer Belly Express mini-train, a quarter scale steam locomotive model. In Mexico City, the 2816 will be spotted for public display.

My guess is that these stops will be a few days each, maybe longer in the bigger cities, and the railroad has no reason to release a more detailed schedule and confuse people at this time.

Date: 02/01/24 09:20
Author: tomstp

Hopefully on the way back from Mexico they will make a detour to Dallas on the KCS.  I rode behind one of these on the British Columbia Railroad.  They are impressive engines.

Date: 02/01/24 21:37
Author: ProAmtrak

I'm up in the air but it looks like KC's my best bet to catch her!

Date: 02/03/24 11:47
Author: BCHellman

markyk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> https://www.cpkcr.com/en/community/final-spike-ste
> am-train
>
> let the planning begin......where will you try to
> catch it?

Mexico,.si claro

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0723 seconds