Home Open Account Help 292 users online

Steam & Excursion > Steam under wires - always cool

Date: 02/03/24 09:40
Steam under wires - always cool
Author: rbenko

Back in October 1998, I caught C&O Greenbrier #614 blasting out of NJT's (ex DL&W) Bergen tunnel from Hoboken and crossing the through-truss bridge over Conrail Shared Assets line (ex-Erie) that also goes through Bergen Hill.  Of course 614 was running sans diesels, "the way things ought to be", to borrow a phrase.  Lighting was a bit tough, but I exposed the Fujichrome Provia 100 fairly well, and of course let my somewhat limited skills slide scanning and Photoshop do the rest.  

For those not in the know, this was one of the many excursions from Hoboken to Port Jervis and back that was run in 1996-98. A EUGE THANK YOU Ross & Co for giving thousands of people some wonderful memories!

Hope you enjoy - thanks for viewing.

Rob Benkovitz
West Palm Beach, FL

Date: 02/03/24 10:19
Re: Steam under wires - always cool
Author: SP4360

The lighting makes the shot, you did a fine job.

Date: 02/03/24 12:51
Author: refarkas

Excellent image and scene!
Bob

Date: 02/03/24 14:34
Author: E25

Great scene!

Greg Stadter
Phoenix, AZ

Date: 02/03/24 17:25
Author: co614

Those were great excursions and the last time you could buy a ticket and get the "Full Monty " ( no diesel(s) in the consist, open windows, track speed, real runbys and reliable scheduled operation at reasonable prices). Let's hope it will happen again. 

Ross Rowland 

Date: 02/03/24 21:28
Author: WauhopM

Those were the BEST excursions ever I made 3 trips on the Erie Limited and wish I could have made more!

Date: 02/04/24 11:36
Author: stevelv

Great shot and well chosen location.

Date: 02/08/24 13:43
Author: ns1000

NIICE..!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds