Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Steam & Excursion > 4449 in todays media

Date: 06/28/02 21:13
4449 in todays media
Author: smokebox

Todays run was pretty well covered by the local media. KOIN channel 6 (CBS) had helicopter footage and trainset footage running on its noon and 5pm news casts. I\'m not sure of the other tv stations. From what I\'ve been told there will be broadcasts from the train next week. The Oregonian\'s (newspaper)"A&E" section had three seperate mentions of the Artrain and the 4449 being there to pull it. The ORHF, along with the three locomotives, was mentioned in Johnathan Nickolas\'s column brief asking when is Portland going to wake up and take action on getting these locomotives a permanent home.

Not bad coverage for an event that opens tomarrow!

Hope you can all make it out for the festivities!

Smokebox

www.orhf.org

Date: 06/28/02 21:28
Re: 4449 in todays media
Author: nycman

Smoke, I missed you today. Was that you riding the pilot? May have you on video at the Hillsboro wye.

Date: 06/28/02 21:43
Author: ahockley

So... I\'m planning to head out to Hillsboro tomorrow, is it possible to get many good pics of 4449 where it\'s parked?

Aaron
http://www.hockley.net/trains

Date: 06/28/02 22:33
Author: smokebox

I\'m all for mass transit, but you *might* want to drive to the event tomarrow.

I can say no more!

Be sure to stop by the Daylight painted concessions car!!! LOTS of goodies and info inside!

Smokebox

Date: 06/28/02 23:44
Author: ahockley

smokebox1 wrote:

> I\'m all for mass transit, but you *might* want to drive to
> the event tomarrow.
>
> I can say no more!

What\'s this supposed to mean? I was planning to take MAX, but why would I want to drive?

Aaron

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds